“Drink yourself to death...Its five oclock somewhere...”
Review of Opus 1

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Opus 1
Ranked #2,024 of 4,117 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed 10 May 2013

If you are gay and dont give adarn about yourself, and your SSI check has cleared, oh and the air quality is like breathing in an entire carton of smokes in one inhale, the OPUS,IF YOU ARE A DOPE OR AN ! Where the professional drinker over 50 goes to finish himself off. I love the bartenders who on their days off, wake up to start their morning off with a liver macchiato, and are on a mission to drink themselves to death. GOOD TIMES...A poor example of gay men, and a poor example of what the gay community has become....Southern Hospitality? Try CALLING IT A REGIONAL MALIGNANCY.

Reviewed 1 November 2007

Opus1 is clearly one of the best neighborhood bars in Atlanta. Living in New York, I make a minimum of 5 trips a year to Atlanta and for 15 years Opus is my home away from home. Never difficult to find friendly people to chat with, including all of the bartenders. Superior drinks, easy parking and a non pretentious atmosphere makes Opus1 a manditory stop.. The smallest bar on the shortest street with the largest drink is their motto, and it's accurate!
ER
New York

Reviewed 31 October 2007

Great neighborhood bar.....Killer Drinks!!!....The best in Atlanta.

It's a fun place to go and the people are fun too.....Great jukebox as well as lot's of fun things to do....Bert is the best!....You must go!!!

1  Thank ctc1970
Reviewed 31 October 2007

My partner and I live in Orlando. Our business brings us to Atlanta a few times a year. Opus 1 is where we hang out during our down times while in Atlanta. It is a great small neighborhood bar. The drinks are the best and the bartenders are like family to us. And here is the best part. My partner and I actually met each other at Opus 1 over 4 years ago! We have been together ever since and Opus 1 is still our favorite bar.

1  Thank chuckndavid
Reviewed 29 October 2007

I go to this bar often and love it. Best bartenders in town and the best drinks in town. If you are looking for a gay bar that is friendly, clean and neighborhood type...this is the one. Parking can be hard at times but i never not been able to get a spot. Saturday afternoons for the games are GREAT!!!

3  Thank 45andretiring2008

Been to Opus 1? Share your experiences!