“Summer Visit”
Review of Park Tavern

Park Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Park Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #892 of 4,015 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 10th and Monroe
Transit: Midtown Station MARTA 1/8 mile away
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Stopped by after a hot bike ride and the first thing offered was an ice cold bottle of water! We were waiting for friends so had some beer on tap (craft) and it was cold and refreshing. We decided to have a quick meal we could all share and had the Shrimp tempura. Wow, I wish I hadn't had to share as it was excellent. Service was great and it is incredibly dog friendly, Definitely a place I will return to for beer and the burgers that looked great!

1  Thank johnnyruner

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Park Tavern may have as many dogs as people on the outdoor patio at any given time. And thus if you don't like dogs or your dog doesn't like other dogs, maybe this isn't the place for you. But otherwise the drinks are served in a reasonable amount of time for a fair price and you get a free bottle of water on a hot day with your order (though I really wonder with being in a public park why they give out bottles of water and not just pitchers to help out the environment).

1  Thank Jig1600
Reviewed 25 July 2017

This restaurant was fantastic--great views on the downtown skyline and right on the edge of Piedmont Park. I brought my dog, and the outdoor seating was very comfortable and enclosed within screens to keep out the bugs. The ground had grass turf, so I didn't have to worry about it being too hot or anything. The service was fantastic and food was great and well-priced for its quality; there was lots of great variety and the portions were perfectly sized. The staff was extremely accommodating for dogs and had water and everything.

1  Thank marieU5459DZ
Reviewed 17 July 2017

We've actually been to Park Tavern several times throughout the years, whether for ice skating or for just hanging out after the Peachtree Road Race on the 4th of July. We don't really think of Park Tavern as a place to go get dinner though. However, thanks to a "Welcome to the Neighborhood" coupon, we decided to check it out one night.

I was surprised to learn that they offer oysters and sushi, and after reading some reviews prior to dining there, the sushi is evidently pretty good. We decided to get some oysters, and they were served with house-made toasted pita chips, which I thought was a better alternative to the standard Saltine.

I opted to get the Classic American steakburger (I'd had sushi recently) and my wife got the tempura shrimp basket. She loved her meal and I was just so-so about my steakburger. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I also got a Park Tavern Summer Wheat, which was actually pretty good.

A cool promotion that I learned about while there is that if it rains (and they announce the promotion on Facebook and Twitter as "running" for that rainy day), you can get their house beers for $1 a pint.

I'd certainly go back to Park Tavern, but it's not at the top of my list. The views are terrific, but that's obviously something that appeals more to out-of-towners, tourists, and suburbanites than it does to us.

1  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Very large and buzzy tavern on the end of the great Peachtree Park. Sat on their large outside terrace and enjoyed some great Chicken Teriyaki and Burrito bowls with good selection of beer. Was a real party and relaxed atmosphere - Can park nearby in the general park area for a few dollars- will return again

1  Thank Ichdien000

Been to Park Tavern? Share your experiences!