“Great little find ”
Review of Marlows Tavern

Marlows Tavern
Ranked #469 of 4,012 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

In town on business and wanted to eat at a local joint. Was by myself on a Sunday afternoon so sat at the bar. Nick right off the bat was super helpful and nice. I had the Rose and it was good. For food I ordered the tavern salad which for $6 is excellent!!! I got the shrimp and grits and there were just OK. Not bad tho. Just ok. Next time I'll try this same salad with salmon. Excellent experience tho.

Reviewed 1 May 2016 via mobile

Four of us went for drinks and then dinner . The venue had a great buzz and the atmosphere was great . Was full to capacity but everyone was really friendly and chatty . The food was great and the waiters took their time to explain everything . I would definitely recommend this venue .

Reviewed 16 March 2016 via mobile

Good food, quick service and wonderful attitudes! Really enjoyed my visit. Had an extremely good burger. Straight forward and cooked to order. The menu had lots of choices.

Reviewed 12 March 2016

Went here tonight on recommondation of our hotel.
It was extremely busy but we go a booth table.
Got drinks...fine
Ordered appetisers and main meal...fine

They were both served to us on the same plate...very strange
After saying we just want our first course to start with
they took the meals away and bought out the appetisers separately but with in 2-3 minutes, our main entree were serverd, with no time to finish our first course.
The entree was 'Black and Blue' burger meal, advised as one of the restaurants selected favourites. We were not told that they were to come with a side order, so a salad was bought out.
The burgers had no flavour, the bacon was only just warm and really tough, so probably pre cooked, the only way of describing eating was that you could tell you had food in your mouth by texture only.
The waiter came, like they do, and asked if everything was OK. I said no, and we were not going to continue eating as the meal quality was so awful due to no taste. The water applogised and asked if we wanted to have the meals boxed to go... I gave him that' you have to be kidding' look and said no just the check and we will shall not be paying for the food just the drinks. Again he apologised and just charged for drinks.
We commented to our hotel on returning as they had given our party a free evening meal voucher for the same restaurant for next week..... We have declined the offer!

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Nice ambiance for a tavern; food was very good - definately try their burger...out of this world! Can't wait for them to open one in Houston!