“A Place of Perfection to Wine, Dine and Converse...Spend A Romantic Evening!”

Aldo's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1,398 of 4,137 Restaurants in Atlanta
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Ambiance, impeccable setting, consistent, delicious menu, charming Old World Atmosphere, serene music...we have loved this Aldo's since we first discovered this great restaurant in 1989 when it was located in Marietta, Georgia. No matter what day of the week it was, and no matter whether we arrived for dinner five minutes before closing time at 10:00 P.M., we were always greeted with a smiling face and a bright "Welcome" and the chefs were willing to prepare the delicious food for us. We always began with a Bombay Sapphire Martini and had a bottle of choice red or white wine with the meal.
The first impression that one has upon entering is a feeling of calm as the sound of romantic Itlaian serenades permeate the air! The setting is one of old world charm, with two rooms for dining. On the opposite side of these two charming rooms, are the party rooms and outdoors is a lovely veranda, with shade curtains for summer time and heavier curtains for fall and winter dining.There is an open bar nicely appointed.
The menu pleased us with the offering of clams oreganato, the mozzarella sticks, suffed mushrooms,and the calamari ( always tender and sweet and fried to perfection) wowed one of our friends who said that she did not eat seafood but devoured these delicate, juicy morsels, one of our favorite appetizers!
One cannot beat the veal and chicken dishes. Some of Elaine's favorites are the veal specials...veal piccata, veal marsala, veal francesa, while Gordon always orders veal or chicken cordon bleu and the wonderful Steak Diane. All the dishes are served with a fresh garden green salad, always cold and crisp with pickled beets, chick peas, tomatoes, cucumbers and a touch of sliced onion. The fresh salad dressing is always piquant and gives the salad the right touch.
We love the menu and the surroundings and the sincere greetings that the owner, Mr. Massoud and his gracious staff always give us. The feeling was that this was " our place", our " respite" and our place to have them provide us with not only a delicious meal, but a quietude, an ambiance that allowed us to have a conversation after a long, busy day or week or a romantic evening, as romanric as you can get for a couple who has been married 55 years this year!,
We enjoyed the excellence of the consistent menu and the guarantee that whatever we ordered would always taste exactly as we had remembered it the time before.
We were so disappointed when Aldo's Italian Restaurant decided to move its location to Johnson Ferry Road from East Piedmont Road, 8 miles away , but that did not deter us because we loved the food and atmosphere as well as the service so much, that we followed them there!
Now with the third move, we have followed Aldo's to the Roswell Road location,which has been there for many years.We frequent that location for special holidays, Valentine's Day and this coming Friday, September 23, for our 55th anniversary.
We have treated friends from Africa, guests from Florida, Washington, D.C., neighbors and family members, because we find the menu pleasing and diverse for all tastes, and the atmosphere suited for conversation and fun.
We have had our favorite " corner" for the past 27 years; it is always ready for us!
We have been consistent and regular customers of Aldo's since 1989 and will always appreciate the staff and owner making us comfortable and assuring us that we never have to rush through our dinner. Often we arrive at 7:00 P.M. and do not leave until after closing, which is 10:00 P.M.
Often, Mr. Massoud will pull up a chair and visit for a few minutes. One time, our pescatarian daughter, who weighed only 105 pounds, a model, 5'7", who was visiting us, could not have anything on the menu as she was " dieting". It was after 10:00 P.M. The chefs had left! Mr. Massoud actually prepared steamed asparagus and fresh flounder for her, saving the day! Thank you so much! The supreme sign of a great and caring chef!
You should treat yourselves to this from ne restaurant, with outstanding service. We have not been disappoint d for 27 years! I

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

I meet former co-workers here three or four times a year for lunch. I'm not sure how or why we orginally picked this place, perhaps it was close to our old office. In any event we always find this place friendly and accommodating. The food is always excellent. The menu has several nice selections and the prices are almost ridiculously low.
There were three of us and we all ordered something different. And we were all very pleased. It's a great lunch spot. I have not been for dinner but plan to do so.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

It has been ten months since I last visited this restaurant. I don't know what made me try it again other than a lapse of memory. This time it was for a group event and the experience confirmed what I last wrote, there is nothing special about this place. The food really has no taste. It has calories but that's about all I would recomend it for.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

We love this quiet little spot! A great family owned place where the staff know us well and treat us like family. Just had a great Father's Day dinner and it was wonderful, as usual.

The Grouper Florentine can't be beat, half our table had it! I absolutely love their garlic yeast rolls - fresh, warm and savory. Yes they have all the usual stuff like lasagna and spaghetti, but where they really shine is in their Francese, Picatta and Florentine dishes.

If you want the old boring stuff go to one of the chains, and leave us in the quiet, peaceful and romantic world of Aldo's!

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

I had high hopes, given I just moved here. Not good. Salad was about as boring as you can get, place was empty on Friday night, my Lasagna...well, I'm not sure what it was. The sauce was not what I expected. I went in hungry and didn't eat half my meal. The appetizer calamari was out of a can and same sauce. Atmosphere was good and the service okay. Somehow it took forever to get the check.