7 people are viewing this hotel
US$98
Free cancellation until 15/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
US$98
Etrip
US$95
Sheraton.comUS$98
Expedia.comUS$99
travelup.comUS$101
4,046 results
All reviews the club lounge retractable roof self parking great customer service the entire staff north tower olympic park georgia aquarium fandangles shirley jeffrey conference downtown dragon valet meeting atl
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2022 via mobile

This place is a den of iniquity!

We booked a suite for 3 adults and 2 kids. It stank, stale smell and grease and dirt everywhere.

We needed the sofa bed obviously but it wasn’t pulled out. We pulled it out and the mattress was stained and busted. No sheets. Called down to have it made up. Reserved to the fact we where only there one night and didn’t want to ruin our visit yo Atlanta by making a fuss. The girl on the phone said they can provide sheets but they won’t make up the bed. I insisted the bed should have been made up for us and she repeated the won’t make it up and hung up the phone on me. A stroke to far, we went to reception. No manager on site but spoke to a supervisor who said he would get the bed made up but we did tell him about the other issues with the room.

We asked what time and location for breakfast as we weren’t advised at checkin. At that time we were advised only 2 out of our 5 guests could have breakfast. Could not make it up.

We then got breakfast for the kids obviously but what a total waste of money that was. It was the most disgusting breakfast I have ever had the displeasure of seeing an no one ate anything apart from some toasted bread.

Hotel foyer is disgusting. Even at 7am in the morning we where stepping over food left from the night before. Will never ever stay here again and would advise anyone else to avoid at all costs.

Room tip: Get a map to find your room because there is no signs.
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank lisasH3019HV
Steven DeCraene, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2022

Dear lisasH3019HV,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an informative review. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the poor experience; you should not have encountered these issues during your stay. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. There are no excuses for the lapses or imperfections we are striving to make our guest journey better and hope you will give us another opportunity to see these positive changes. Should you ever find yourself back in town, please give us a chance to show you that our product and service can live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 23 June 2022 via mobile

Pictures are deceiving- hotel in the middle of a ghetto area. No decent takeout food that delivers in the area or restaurants, or even decent hotel food available. Nothing for kids.
Pool was yucky and does not look ANYTHING like the pictures. The room was old feeling, carpets grossed me out. Microwaves in the hallway, not the room. The only thing I will say is that it was quiet enough which was good

Room tip: There was a pole dancing convention here when we went
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ckarrris
Steven DeCraene, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2022

Hi ckarris, thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Atlanta. Our hotel is in the middle of Downtown Atlanta, and there are dozens of restaurants within walking distance (3-5 blocks) as well as multiple food and beverage restaurants inside the hotel. I'm sorry that you didn't get a chance to enjoy these! We hope you have the opportunity to enjoy some of these options in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback, have a great week!

Reviewed 20 June 2022

They could care less if the entire hotel smokes weed. It’s everywhere. Horrible.

The guests smoked weed in the elevator. I’m their rooms. Horrible. This hotel promotes weed. I asked a guy if it was legal in Atlanta . He said for ME to be discreet. They aren’t. They don’t care and look the other way.

Room tip: Don’t come unless you smoke weed.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Elizabeth C
J Panek, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2022

Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Your overall experience of weed scent is below our standard. I have shared your feedback with our executive leadership so as to ensure that the necessary guidelines and policies are put in place to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.

I hope you choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 10 June 2022

My family(me, wife, daughter, and grandson) stayed in this hotel for 4 days/3 nights. Overall the actual room was average. It was clean with all the usual amenities, but we were given a room with 2 double beds. I have never stayed in a hotel that had double beds and it was a little uncomfortable sleeping.

Outside of the room, the hotel seriously needs some work and upkeep. Let's start with parking. There is a 35$ parking fee which is about average for a city, but the garage is unmanned and to get to the hotel you have to navigate through a narrow walkway on the side of the entrance to the garage with only some cones and a plastic chain to keep you safe. The elevators in the garage did not look like they had been cleaned for awhile except for the run that was thrown in there. We stayed in the North Tower which was a long walk from the garage. The decor inside the hotel was also in need of a revamp from the early 80's. I will give them credit for the number of well maintained areas throughout the hotel where guests could sit and talk or watch television. DoorDash and UberEats were available with a wide selection of different cuisines and prices. The pool was enjoyable, but maybe not as luxurious as the pictures. The hotel was close to major attractions such as the World of Coke and the Georgia Aquarium, but I would suggest driving and paying for parking or taking an Lyft due to the area outside the hotel. Overall, an average experience, but not one I would probably do again.

Reviewed 30 May 2022

Up front, I will not willingly stay anywhere else in Atlanta.

Now. Another reviewer a few years back said "The Sheraton is dated and has a weird floor plan." My reply was "So was Grandma's house, and you slept great there too."

While I still slept great, and the staff was their usual wonderful selves, Grandma's house needs some work done. This is therefore addressed to the new owners, third in five years. Spend some money and fix some things. The elevator breakage is constant. Plumbing issues kept much of the Wednesday check ins for our convention out of their rooms promptly. The hot tub is broken. Signage throughout the hotel is missing letters. Carpet is wearing out. The staff knows what needs doing- back them up and do it.

Now I arrived Thursday afternoon. My room was ready, was immaculately clean, the linens were blinding white, and we never ran out of hot water. The pool area is still my favorite spot in downtown Atlanta. The ice water coolers for our function never ran dry. The staff is unfailingly polite. And it's not like I don't know my way around or where the big ice machine downstairs is after maybe nine or ten times these last few years.

Notes to help others. Collages is only doing a breakfast buffet. Fandangles is only open for dinner, and I don't think they're open every night.

Date of stay: May 2022