“The best way to spend the night before a flight”

Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #43 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We spent the night before our flight with a parking package for the first time last week. We will do this EVERY time we fly out of atlanta. It couldn't have been easier. You can drop your bags (and wife, ha) at the front door and the bellman will take your bags to your room. You can then self park right outside the property and leave your car for up to 10 days with the package. For under a hundred bucks a night it can't be beat. I suggest parking outside the lobby door on the building side of parking lot. easy in and easy out. Just get a barcode sticker before you leave for your parking ticket. You then just scan the ticket on the way out of the lot and you're on your way. So easy!

our room was HUGE and it faced the airport. I'm a plane nut so I loved that. The balcony is very nice but soundproof it isn't. If you can't sleep through the noise I wouldn't face that way. The bathroom was large and clean. No complaints at all.

I think the shuttle ran every twenty minutes starting at the top of the hour. Lots of people and lots of bags but it all seemed to work. Will try again!

Room Tip: face the airport for an amazing view if you aren't a light sleeper
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mtsublueraider
Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed 25 November 2011

15 dollars a night for the internet for one device (plus taxes) (two people staying with two computers is $30) is tedious. I love this hotel, and 1/2 the time I opt for another hotel because this one charge makes me angry.

I understand the desire to keep a lucrative fee, but I'd rather see that fee (along with the $11 parking fee) woven into the room rate so that I don't have to get frustrated/angry.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Even though this hotel is right on the flight line, it is quiet. I have stayed in this hotel 6 times and have no complaints. It is very comfortable. I stayed here in November 2011 after delays on my return from Europe required an overnight in Atlanta

2  Thank jthomas1974
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I was in Atlanta for the weekend and booked a room at the Renaissance. It was the third time I've stayed at this hotel. Checked in at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday. The process was painless and quick. I got a Marriott Rewards rate of $84.00, plus tax and $11.00 to self park. The room was clean, and everything was in order. The hotel honored my request for an upper floor and extra foam pillows.
I used the fitness area which was really well set up with state of the art treadmills, elliptical and weight machines. The room is open 24hrs./day and I was the only one in there at 4:30 a.m.
I had the Marriott buffet breakfast for $17.00. I was about to get some eggs from the line of items offered when the chef in the omelet station asked if I would like an omelet or fried eggs. I said sure and he made me two eggs over and they were great.
Checkout was a breeze and I had no issues with the bill.

1  Thank Kevbat
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Nice hotel, close to airport, nice shuttle with very courteous drivers every 20 minutes. Upon arrival, I was greeted and thanked for being a Marriott Rewards member. I just wonder when I'm going to get upgraded on arrival? Marriott Rewards + Amex Platinum is supposed to make you "special", but I have yet to experience it. I chose this hotel because it offered room service. When I arrive late, and alone, I want to stay in my room. The room service menu specifically states "25 minutes unless otherwise noted". First of all, the phone in my room didn't work, so I kept calling room service but they couldn't hear me, so I called on my cell. It's 9:30, I'm hungry and tired, so a little cranky about this annoyance. I called when the food hadn't arrived in 35 minutes and was told it would be there "shortly". Finally, at close to an hour after ordering the food arrived. Filet arrived medium rare, and was pretty good.

I checked out at 8, so didn't get a chance to sample the breakfast buffet, but it looked delicious. Shuttle to the airport was simple, and I must say the drivers are very courteous.

I'm rating it "very good" because they offer room service, and that's a must for me after rushing through airports, but other than that, I would've been just as comfortable at another Marriott brand like a Courtyard. It was nice to find a Delta check-in kiosk in the lobby, and they had a nice business center, though I didn't need to use it.