“Nice & clean”

Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #43 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Clean, tidy but looking a little run down. They're renovating so that will improve. Staff is friendly & helpful. Great place to stay w/kids. Ask for side of hotel that faces airport so you see planes fly in.

• Stayed: November 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed 12 November 2012

I am a Marriott Rewards Platinum member, and I got a fabulous rate at Marriott.com (I'm sure b/c it was for one night on a Friday). I booked a regular room with a king bed. I did not arrive until very late (3:30am). When I opened the door to my room, I surprisingly found that I had been given a huge suite with a living room and dining area! All amenities were superb. I DO NOT like that I had to pay $12 for parking, but with the kind of room I was given at such a good rate, I can overlook the parking fee this time. Hotel is adjacent to airport, but I heard absolutely no noises in my room. I have stayed here probably a dozen nights over the last 5 years and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2012

This hotel is right on the runway (almost) but you won't be awakened by the planes. The customer service Is superb and the food doesn't taste like any airport hotel I've ever stayed at recently....it's great! The staff is professional and courteous. All in all it's a great place to stay when passing through Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way to St. Thomas, and again for one night on our way back to Seattle. We received fabulous service here. Check-in was easy (don't count on exact times for shuttles to and from the airport, however) and we were upgraded the first night to the Governor's Suite (we are platinum members). On our return trip we were upgraded to the Concierge floor and since it was a weekday, we were able to benefit from the Concierge Lounge. We stopped each time at the restaurant, where our meals were hot and very good (the first waiter was uncertain of the menu, but the next time we received excellent service). The buffet breakfast was only okay -- especially since we didn't eat any meats. We didn't wait for the custom omelets, but I'd go that route next time. The sheets were exceptionally good and the mattresses were very comfortable. After our less-than-wonderful Marriott stay on St. Thomas, the Atlanta Renaissance was just pure pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times when in Atlanta on business. Great for watching the planes land and take off. Request a room on the runway side if you like this unique view. Friendly service and staff. A great workout facility including indoor and outdoor pools. Some people have complained about the "dated" look of the inside....I didn't notice. Expect to pay to park your car in the lot. You can no longer park on the sides of the streets around the perimeter.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the runway are a little bit quieter. Keep in mind it was built to mini...