1,432 results
All reviews runway view planes take off and land watching planes atlanta airport room facing an early morning flight light sleeper domestic terminal next morning room service the concierge lounge free shuttle the shuttle driver outdoor pool rooms are nice front desk staff club level
Reviewed 30 November 2017

I have stayed at this hotel several times, each stay was on the 10 floor (suite level). All of my previous stays have been great but this time had a lot to be desired. My dog sleeps on a better mattress; it was noisy and felt like box springs.

Room Tip: Has excellent view of Hartsville Jackson Airport, location is great, safe location, convenient, and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Easy access from the airport and a great overnight stay. Shuttle was available before 5AM which is not the norm at a lot of hotels. The hotel is older but nicely renovated. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The bed was incredible. I have to find out what mattress and pillows were in my room because that's what I want for Christmas. The AC worked well, the bed was incredible. I turned on a radio to mute the runway noise. I had a great night's sleep. I enjoyed watching the runway from my balcony.

Five stars for a very comfortable business trip. And the bar and restaurant was very nice also! Any time I'm in Atlanta, this will be my end point.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2017

I stayed at this hotel from November 6, 2017 until November 14th.Hence, I was there for a lengthy period.

Staff and Service: The important thing about this category is to remember that sometimes things do not go as planned or as efficiently as they should. This staff and service was very good. Whenever they made an error, they took responsibility (some family members may not even do that).. Then they corrected it quickly and without fuss, wonderfully mature.

The facility/building/rooms: The building is well organized especially when it comes to travelers with lots of luggage or people who need easy access to the structure and rooms due to mobility issues. You would think that a well organized hotel for travelers would be a given but not so. The Renaissance Theme in the common areas is well done; however, that theme does not carry into the rooms. The rooms need an upgrade. It is my understanding that the rooms will be upgraded in 2018.

Restaurant and Staff: The food in all of the restaurants in the hotel was very good and the staff's service was professional and very pleasant. It was nice to see some of the veteran staff train the younger staff with the same level of professionalism.

Hotel Room Cleaning Staff: The hotel room cleaning staff while very friendly and nice they could use some quality control oversight. During my stay the room's floor was never vacuumed. Further, I was never quite sure if the bathtub was cleaned or was it the wear and tear around the inner rim.

Conclusion: I felt welcomed and comfortable at the Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel. Well done.

Room Tip: The hotel's location is very good for the traveler who needs to get in and get out of Atlanta quickly.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank James G
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I take the option of 'quiet side' at check in and I only notice one plane take off all night and I am a light sleeper. The rooms are nice and airy, everything is clean and well maintained, there is a nice bar with some good beers. The food at the bar in the evening was not bad, equally it was not great. The frustration in the room is the lack of available sockets to plug things in or charge them up and there are no USB charging points. For the modern traveller with only a couple of gadgets this was frustrating. Breakfast was good. The staff, whilst friendly enough, just seemed at bit disinterested in general. If you like to see aeroplanes you couldn't get any closer than this.

Room Tip: quiet side or watch planes - your choice
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Asvil C, Director of Operations at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear chubchubbanana,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you liked our spacious rooms and the selection of beers in our bar. However, I am sorry that the quality of food selection did not quite meet your expectations and our culinary team here is constantly working on improvising our menu to enhance the food selections in the hotel. I totally understand your frustration in terms of the lack of USB charging points in the rooms. The good news is that we are looking at a renovation to our guest rooms in the near future that will definitely incorporate the requirements of the era.

You are absolutely correct. We are truly one of the few hotels that do have a balcony facing the runway that give a magnificent view of planes taking off and landing. We hope to get another opportunity to better your experience when your future travels bring you back to Atlanta.

Asviil

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Renaissance hotel a few days ago and I called room service and asked for a suggestion on one of the healthier items on the menu. Quamoroh gave me her top favorite and made sure it got to me in a timely manner. And also called to make sure everything was perfect after i received it!!!She was very polite, understanding and patient. She deserves a promotion or something. She should be out there with the customers at the front desk. I think her ability and patients it self deserves a five star!!With such customer service as she deliver to the guest is quite different from my experience in the past at other hotels.With her, it seems she takes it personal to satisfy her customers and that I am forever grateful!!!!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo