“Surprisingly Enjoyable”

Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel
Ranked #43 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 2 December 2017

My spouse and I stayed here during a layover from Connecticut to Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean.

Despite it's name, the Concourse is not in the Airport. I thought this would be the hotel closest to the airport but I was wrong. That didn't turn out to be a problem, though.

Check-in was very quick. We got a nice meal at the bar at 10 p.m. The room is spacious and very clean.

We opted for a city view because it's quieter. The other side of the hotel faces the runways and while that could be fun, we knew we just needed to sleep.

In the morning, when we went to the front to catch the shuttle, two other people had hired a car to take them directly to international flights; We shared the car so the cost was only $5 each. Otherwise, the shuttle only goes to Domestic and then you need to take another shuttle and it can take 30 minutes to get to where you need to be.

The only problem was that one or two of the four elevators weren't working. There was a convention at the hotel so the evening elevators were really slow.

Stayed: November 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,335)

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I have stayed at this hotel several times, each stay was on the 10 floor (suite level). All of my previous stays have been great but this time had a lot to be desired. My dog sleeps on a better mattress; it was noisy and felt like box springs.

Room Tip: Has excellent view of Hartsville Jackson Airport, location is great, safe location, convenient, and...
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Easy access from the airport and a great overnight stay. Shuttle was available before 5AM which is not the norm at a lot of hotels. The hotel is older but nicely renovated. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The bed was incredible. I have to find out what mattress and pillows were in my room because that's what I want for Christmas. The AC worked well, the bed was incredible. I turned on a radio to mute the runway noise. I had a great night's sleep. I enjoyed watching the runway from my balcony.

Five stars for a very comfortable business trip. And the bar and restaurant was very nice also! Any time I'm in Atlanta, this will be my end point.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2017

I stayed at this hotel from November 6, 2017 until November 14th.Hence, I was there for a lengthy period.

Staff and Service: The important thing about this category is to remember that sometimes things do not go as planned or as efficiently as they should. This staff and service was very good. Whenever they made an error, they took responsibility (some family members may not even do that).. Then they corrected it quickly and without fuss, wonderfully mature.

The facility/building/rooms: The building is well organized especially when it comes to travelers with lots of luggage or people who need easy access to the structure and rooms due to mobility issues. You would think that a well organized hotel for travelers would be a given but not so. The Renaissance Theme in the common areas is well done; however, that theme does not carry into the rooms. The rooms need an upgrade. It is my understanding that the rooms will be upgraded in 2018.

Restaurant and Staff: The food in all of the restaurants in the hotel was very good and the staff's service was professional and very pleasant. It was nice to see some of the veteran staff train the younger staff with the same level of professionalism.

Hotel Room Cleaning Staff: The hotel room cleaning staff while very friendly and nice they could use some quality control oversight. During my stay the room's floor was never vacuumed. Further, I was never quite sure if the bathtub was cleaned or was it the wear and tear around the inner rim.

Conclusion: I felt welcomed and comfortable at the Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel. Well done.

Room Tip: The hotel's location is very good for the traveler who needs to get in and get out of Atlanta qu...
Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2017

I take the option of 'quiet side' at check in and I only notice one plane take off all night and I am a light sleeper. The rooms are nice and airy, everything is clean and well maintained, there is a nice bar with some good beers. The food at the bar in the evening was not bad, equally it was not great. The frustration in the room is the lack of available sockets to plug things in or charge them up and there are no USB charging points. For the modern traveller with only a couple of gadgets this was frustrating. Breakfast was good. The staff, whilst friendly enough, just seemed at bit disinterested in general. If you like to see aeroplanes you couldn't get any closer than this.

Room Tip: quiet side or watch planes - your choice
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Asvil C, Director of Operations at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear chubchubbanana,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that you liked our spacious rooms and the selection of beers in our bar. However, I am sorry that the quality of food selection did not quite meet your expectations and our culinary team here is constantly working on improvising our menu to enhance the food selections in the hotel. I totally understand your frustration in terms of the lack of USB charging points in the rooms. The good news is that we are looking at a renovation to our guest rooms in the near future that will definitely incorporate the requirements of the era.

You are absolutely correct. We are truly one of the few hotels that do have a balcony facing the runway that give a magnificent view of planes taking off and landing. We hope to get another opportunity to better your experience when your future travels bring you back to Atlanta.

Asviil