1,439 results
All reviews runway view planes take off and land watching planes atlanta airport room facing domestic terminal an early morning flight light sleeper next morning room service the concierge lounge free shuttle outdoor pool the shuttle driver rooms are nice front desk staff club level
Reviewed 20 July 2018

This was my first stay at this location. Upon checkin in, I greeted the young lady and told her it was my first time at the hotel; nothing in return, like WELCOME or IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, LET ME KNOW, etc. I also asked if there was a package available which included the Delta Museum...she just reiterated the style of room I booked. Odd. There was no warmth nor hospitality. Nevertheless, we checked in and my family and I headed to our room. My son is a plane spotter, so the location and room location was superb, we all loved it. The room decor overall was average, I feel it is in need of a retouch and needs some color. The beds were perfect as were the pillows. I just felt it to be a bit dirty. Our bathroom had mold, the shower handle was loose and extremely difficult to operate. Lastly, the shower curtain had a 2"x2" tear in it, not very fitting for a 2 star hotel, let alone a 3-star--I have photos if needed. What upset me the most is the phone did not work, which meant we had to go downstairs to order food during our stay. Lastly, the main lamp was missing a light bulb and housekeeping never refilled the coffee, sugar or creamer. We stayed in room 1022. We liked the pool and the food was excellent from both restaurants. This hotel seems to be in need of a "re-coat and deep scrub" plus some friendliness training. I hope things are different upon our next visit...

Room tip: Higher floors facing the north runway if you love airplanes
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Genice C, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear Demetrios B,

Dear deb-5584,

We recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have provided.

Maintaining a fresh atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority. On behalf of the entire team at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. Rest assured, the feedback provided will be shared with the appropriate hotel team to ensure we consistently deliver upon guest expectations.

You will be pleased to know, we are currently undergoing renovations in all of our sleeping rooms, concierge lounge and restaurant area. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to showcase our product and southern hospitality that you have come to love and expect when staying in Marriott Brand Hotels!

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Chef Ryan is great chef and pro in waffle, i love his style and he makes really good omelette and he talk to almost each and ever customer and greet them, it was my second time here and i just came for his special waffle, and this time i tried his specialty waffle that is cinnamon pecan waffle it is so tasty and he deliver with charm , he is so energetic, i hope to see him again and have my waffle.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I have been staying at this fine hotel from time to time since 2014. Other than room service (which is spotty) I am quite happy there. I stay here whenever I am to depart and return from an overseas trip: I stay the night before the trip and the night of my return. I always request a certain room, which suits me best, and if it is available the hotel grants it. My last stay was July 12th, 2018. The hotel was fine and had a fine breakfast with a wonderful omelet prepared and served by Chef Ryan.
The only bad spot was that I called room service for coffee - time about 6:15 AM - and no one answered. I called the front desk and they also got no answer.
All-in-all I am happy here and will stay again - the airport runway view is so entertaining to sit out on the balcony and watch the planes land and take off.

Room tip: I love the runway view/balcony rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Genice C, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear BentleyW,

Thank you for your honest feedback! We will share your comments with the staff especially Chef Ryan!

Thank you for always residing with us at the Renaissance Concourse Hotel and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

We stayed one night at the Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel in mid-June (2018), after a long drive and before a morning flight.
Upon arriving at the hotel, a bellman promptly offered to unload our bags and deliver them to our room (Shout out to Jason H. for his excellent service!). Our only minor complaint (being really picky here) is that the front desk service was a little slow. They were very friendly and helpful once it was our turn.
Our room was clean and comfortable. We opted for one of the packages that included a complimentary bottle of wine, which was delivered promptly along with some chocolate-covered strawberries.
We used the hotel's restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. The wait staff was efficient, friendly, and very accommodating to our young and picky children (5 and 8). The food quality was good - it wouldn't compete with nicer restaurants, but it was far better than most hotel restaurants. The variety of items on the breakfast buffet was impressive - everything from fruits to hot foods.
The interactions that really made the best impression for us were the airport-specific amenities; specifically the shuttle service and airline baggage check-in desk. Because our flight was a domestic Delta flight, we were able to check our bags directly into the airline AT THE HOTEL! This saved us having to drag our suitcases (packed for a week-long trip) onto the shuttle and then to the check-in desk at the airport. Just as promised - the bags made it onto our flight without any problems. Also, the shuttle that transported us from the hotel to the airport was prompt and efficient.
One final note of appreciation - we had some car trouble while making our way to the hotel. The hotel staff was very accommodating in allowing the service shop we found to drop our car off after being repaired and keeping our keys safe so we could retrieve them upon returning. (Our hotel package included parking during our trip.)
Other than the frustration of driving through Atlanta traffic to reach the hotel, we were very pleased with our stay and would happily return the next time we need to use the Atlanta airport.

Room tip: Great Location for Airport access
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mark J,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We have shared your comments with the staff and hope to see you again when your travels bring
you to Atlanta!

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I travel extensively for my business and have had the privilege of staying at some of the world's finest resorts. I must say THIS, 8 Day Stay at the Renaissance was amazing. International Association of Ministers Wives and Ministers Widows sponsored the event and the hotel was wonderful to us.

The front desk staff was friendly and always on point. Jay was my favorite! My Room attendant, Joyce was personable and cleaned our room just like we like it. I was traveling with my 76-year-old mother and the attendees at the Concierge Desk were amazing when we needed to leave her scooter with him when we left the property. Shaq, Dimetrius Flax, Da-Da and so many others were just superb.

Last but not least, I broke my computer and two of the technicians, Jeffrey and Tyler helped me get back online. When I tell you I felt right at home! The food in the Atrium was good. The conference spaces are accommodating for large and small groups. I was there for a conference and there was more than enough space for everyone. The Banquet Servers...INCREDIBLE!!

I made a pact that every time I come to ATL from now on if I stay at a hotel it MUST be this one no matter how far away my venue is. This property is beautifully well-kept. We had an elevator challenge but that is to be expected with the amount of traffic that was there. They had plenty of workers there to get things back on track.

DONT STAY AT ANY OTHER HOTEL NEAR THE AIRPORT BUT THIS ONE!! You will be glad you did!

Room tip: Rooms on the right side are much quieter. You do not hear the airplanes at all. Even in the ballroom, I never heard a plane...not once!
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Genice C, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Concourse Atlanta Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Adrienne B,

We truly appreciate your honest feedback and is pleased you were satisfied with your stay!

We look forward to being of service to you again in the future!

Have a great day!