All reviews marie claude front desk deep south centennial park valet parking an older building rooms are small walking distance ferris wheel world congress center free breakfast two double beds georgia aquarium breakfast staff coca cola museum yogurt breakfast area
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

I wish I had done a little more research and I would have stayed elsewhere. Got there on a cold Monday afternoon and no one was there to help us unload even though they required valet service. My car was left on the street for a while until someone 'parked' it. Had to ask for a 'privacy please' door hanger. Don't know why I bothered. The cleaning staff came in any way even with it on the door......in the key slot!!! They 'took' a couple of specialty towels we brought that were hanging on the rack in the bathroom. Didn't look I'm sure and just grabbed stuff! I didn't bother putting them away because I had the PRIVACY PLEASE tab on the door!!!The rooms are very small and tight so being mildly claustrophobic, it was uncomfortable! The breakfast is what you would expect, nothing that you don't find everywhere. Thankfully when we left, my car was brought around quickly and there were people to help load our luggage. The best part of the hotel is its proximity to the aquarium and centennial park. Otherwise, not a good deal at all.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JeffM889
Sharon J, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Hello Jeff M

Allow me to apologize for your unfavorable experience at our hotel I am disappointed that our staff was not available to greet you properly upon arrival and assist with your luggage. I can only imagine that they were assisting other guests. Also, there is no excuse for our room attendants entering your room when a privacy sign is in the key slot. You mentioned that our rooms are very small. We have a variety of room types and all rooms were occupied during your stay. I wish we could have moved you to one of the larger rooms. As for your specialty towels, please call me and we will replace them. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide service that meets your expectations. Feel free to contact me direct to schedule your next visit and I will guarantee your satisfaction as well as comfort in one of our larger rooms.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

The front desk staff, valet parking and continental breakfast staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean but small. I would recommend this hotel for short stays, just due to the size of the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
HIEAtlanta, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown! We are glad to hear that your overall experience exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guests again very soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for a night never having stated at an express before didn't know what to expect. Well not much. The TV was to the right of the bed facing the fake window which meant you couldn't really see much without turning it 90 degrees. The bathroom is spacious and the room did have a walk in robe. But the bed was super high and not very comfortable. Felt a bit stuffy. Not sure if the price of hotels downtown is generally high but for 160 a night I would have liked something better.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Hello,

I appreciate the feedback you have provided and apologize that your stay was anything less than exceptional. I have shared your comments with our leadership so we can continue to improve our services and property. Your satisfaction and loyalty is a priority to The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality the next time you travel to Atlanta.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

As most other reviewers have said, the location is good. The rooms are clean-ish, the staff was good for the most part, and the price was right. Other than that, it is a bare bones hotel.

Please take the other 5-star reviews with grain of salt. This hotel is NOT worthy of 5-stars. Most of the rooms are tiny...like really tiny. The Mezzanine is like the half-floor from Being John Malkovich...watch your head! I am exaggerating, but the hotel does feel cramped. It's no frills, but you get what you pay for.

That being said, I still give it 3 stars because they seem to make the best of what they were given. Free internet was a plus!

Oh, and I could have done without the crazy loud fire alarm going off at 8am...twice (it was a glitch, there was no fire).

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2016

Dear Split2112,

I appreciate your post regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We value each feedback as this will allow us to identify the areas that may benefit from our additional attention. Thank you for noting our good location. I apologize, though, for not meeting your expectations when it comes to your room accommodations. I also regret to read about the inconvenience the fire alarm had caused you. Your comments are noted and forwarded to our Management team for proper evaluation. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to further understand what we can adjust or do more for our guests to get the most out of their stay with us.

Until your next visit, we remain at your service.

Ingrid V.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

The price is better at this hotel is better than most and will do in a pinch. But rooms are very small, dated and very stuffy. The rooms have clean linens but rug, paint, curtains and furniture are shabby.
Bathroom was so small it was hard to maneuver. There are no exhaust vents so they smell moldy.
Breakfast is free and worth every penny. Haha. All the food is prepared by a microwave. Coffee is good and is not Starbucks which is a good to me.
Front desk staff are lovely and pleasant. The desk is only 6' from the door so the small lobby is freezing.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
HIEAtlanta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize that our facilities and service did not exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with our leadership so we can continue to improve our services and property. Please allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our signature hospitality, for which Holiday Inn Express & Suites Atlanta Downtown brand is known.