“Nice atmosphere, great food, a little pricey.”
Review of Carolina House

Carolina House
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Kinderhook
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2017

If you have a hankering for a special meal in a special place, try Carolina House. It is a unique experience - feels downright colonial inside and the service and food are really outstanding.

Tammy C, Manager at Carolina House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Thank you!

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

I really don't want it to get around but this is a delightful spot. Food is always good and service just fine. Been coming here for 40 years through several owners and have always had a good time
I like the comfortable atmosphere especially
Please don't let this get around. I don't want to have to complete for a table and they don't take reservations

Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Service was decent, could have been a little more attenrive. Wings were fabulous, ribs were good but the sauce seemed too sweet for my taste. My wife LOVES the Austin chicken. She gets it every time we go there.

Reviewed 19 January 2017

We live close by and frequently go for dinner on a whim. They are always accommodating, friendly and the food is consistently good.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Exceeds expectations every time. Food, Service & Ambiance. Had a marvelous dinner this past weekend. Sat near the fire, ordered a single malt Scotch and got warmed up. Feels like we stepped back into the 1940's, beautiful log cabin, terrific background music and servers are kind and sweet. My wife loves the wings and I ordered healthy: Cedar plank salmon w/apple chutney, Garlic smashed potatoes and broccoli. I was expecting adequate and I got DELICIOUS and the cedar plank was a slice of a cedar tree! so fish was moist and presentation was unique and very cool. Love it every time! Our friendly & smiling waitress was Angela.

1  Thank Robert A