“Great place for eating with friends”
Review of Carolina House

Carolina House
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Kinderhook
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 December 2017

For four years we and another couple have met here annually as it is about halfway between us. Staff has always been attentive, gracious and professional. Menu and specials offer a good range of choices including GF, reasonable portions, well prepared.

Tammy C, Manager at Carolina House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Reviewed 20 December 2017

The food was great. I desired my favorite steak (filet mignon) and was not disappointed. I was surprised by the fast service. I felt my meal was a good price. There is a friendly atmosphere here. I would go back to this restaurant :)

Tammy C, Manager at Carolina House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Reviewed 16 November 2017

This is a pleasant local restaurant with a broad list of offers, all fairly priced, well-presented and very good quality combined with good and friendly service. You really can't beat it for a casual evening out that's 10 steps above a diner or an Applebee's, etc.

Tammy C, Manager at Carolina House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Nice atmosphere. Husband ordered a spicy chicken entree which looked good but he cut open the breast and we saw it was rare. The waittress took it back and returned the same piece which was now quite dry. However my salad was quite good-- and very large. I thought I would try the cheesecake for dessert but that was a disappointment...it was very heavy and gummy. But the meal ended with a nice surprize; the waitress told us the dessert was free because of the chicken dish.

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
1  Thank witz
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

We went on August 29,, with our friends who are card carrier locals,, they frequently go there ... like another reviewer said; it was very cold,,, with air conditioner on.. there were many patrons,,, our wait time was WELL over an hour,,, delicious warm corn bread ,, refilled when asked ... our dinners were good,,, I think something has changed from what I hear,,,,
I would go back again...
hopefully whatever the kink is, will be worked out ,,,, I didn't mind the wait. Because of good company and food, but understand some people may not.

1  Thank betdan12804