“Fine Dining - Wonderful”

Restaurante Hostal Sa Rascassa
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Begur
Price range: US$45 - US$62
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fresh, simple cuisine, using local ingredients. Products are respected by our chef, and the dishes require no explanation.
Reviewed 15 August 2018

The restaurant is in a wonderful setting, just yards from the beach. The attention to detail, with a lovely Vermut to start, was fantastic. Both the Fillet steak and the Secreto Pork were fantastically cooked and i would never hesitate to recommend this to friends. The owner, Oscar, is a very warm character who has great stories and describes the food wonderfully!

OscarGorriz, Owner at Restaurante Hostal Sa Rascassa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Dear Macks008,
Thank you for your nice review on our place.
We are hidden and therefore we try to do our best with our clients, so that they want to come back... or at least let others know about us.
I am happy we succeeded with you and you enjoyed your meal with us.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Had wanted to visit this place since I read about in the Sunday Times years before. Didn’t disappoint. Lovely shady terrace and great menu to choose from. Octopus with paprika was superb. Prawn and scallop salad the best ever. Gambas al ajillo amazing. Bread warm and delicious. Wine was divine and very reasonable. Owner Oscar friendly and attentive. A gem. A real find. Go!

OscarGorriz, Owner at Restaurante Hostal Sa Rascassa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Hi, Alison C,
Thank you very much for your review on our place.
You are very kind -thank you for that as well!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Very fresh good food! According to my husband the best Lubina a la plancha....

Terrace is very cosy for a late evening dining at the Costa Brava... no sea view but that is compensated by all other good ingredients!

OscarGorriz, Owner at Restaurante Hostal Sa Rascassa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Hi, Wubbien,
Thank you very much for your review.
We do not have sea views indeed, therefore we have to strive harder!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Dinner date for our 10-yr anniv. and Sa Rascassa stood up to its reviews. Our experience could not have been better. Great, fresh fish, a very accommodating and interesting owner, Oscar, along with an attentive staff. Fortunately, the restaurant was not too crowded the evening we went and we ended up talking to several different groups, creating a family like atmosphere. A magical evening - thanks to Sa Rascassa.

OscarGorriz, Owner at Restaurante Hostal Sa Rascassa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear Randall-ATX,
Thank you for your review on our place. I am really glad you enjoyed the experience, even more considering how special it was for you.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I would like to write a great review. The setting is great in a lovely garden. The manager an interesting character, which always help. However I have to say in all honesty that the food is mediocre and very expensive. I am not prone to writing negative reviews and I have eaten at fish restaurants all over the world both posh and not. Indeed we have no aversion to paying top rates. I just felt it wasn't really up to the hype it appears to receive, sadly. By way of an example we ate at a small local restaurant in another village with a fixed menu of €21 that was actually better.

OscarGorriz, Owner at Restaurante Hostal Sa Rascassa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Hi, MattWrightMold,
I would like to say thank you for a great review, and yet I am obliged to say I am sorry.
Something obviously went wrong and I cannot know what it was as I cannot recognize your name in our booking list and therefore do not know what you ate and when. But I trust you and the only thing I can say is that our standard performance is very high. I am really sorry you could not benefit from that.