La Pepa Maca(Monells)
Book now, pay at stay
US$152
US$111
  • Breakfast included
Mas Petit(la Bisbal d'Emporda)
TripAdvisor
Hostal Adarnius(la Bisbal d'Emporda)
Hotel Mas Rabiol(Peratallada)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgarden suitecastell d'empordapool areabeautiful hotelcosta bravastunning viewstower roomsun loungersboth nightswonderful placea la carte menuwine listfour star hotelwedding venuemain restaurantnew buildingboth sides
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

At a friends wedding here , stayed in a castle room. Excellent hotel , all staff very friendly, food was good, room was great and views/general ambiance made me write a good review !

There are 2 swimming pools , a great bar/restaurant with amazing scenic views . Reasonably priced and would highly recommend!

Great model battle scene , Apparently the owner made. See in the picture attached.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Angeles M, Director Comercial at Hotel Castell d'Emporda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Brian O, thank you so much for your feed back and your nice reviews.
It is really nice for us to know did you enjoy your stay and your friends wedding.
Hope to see you soon.
Best regards!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent two not so great nights in this hotel. We reported that the A/C in the room did not work, so they sent a housekeeper ? She couldn't repair the problem, so she called the manager ? The manager moved the temperature setting from 22c to 20c and said that should fix it ? Five hours passed and the room temp stayed at 27c I asked the manager if they had a vacant room we could relocate too. I was told they had other rooms, but not for in our price bracket ( We were on a tour and the room was prepaid by the tour company) If you want me to Nit-Pick our room also: Had bedside lamps that flickered, a floor lamp with a defective switch the had to be unplugged to turn it off, and a bathroom floor that was so dirty we had to put a pool towel on the floor. I have pictures of the bath floor, but see no reason to gross you out.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hawkndi1
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We booked hotel for our after wedding night.

Gardens and open spaces abandoned and very unfriendly and unhelpful afternoon receptionist who didn't want to help at all with the reservation.

The not worth price also on breakfast: They say they serve eggs on the breakfast, but no one asks or serves them to you, so no eggs for breakfast :(
There is a REAL coffee machine but no ones give coffee, only a nespresso is available for guests :(
Juices are ALL from the supermarket, not even natural orange juice on a 4star hotel??

We had booked a massage for each on the next morning and when we got to the SPA only one was able to get the message on that day and we didn't even get the kind of message we booked.

NOT what you expect for 500 euros a night we paid on our after wedding experience :(

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Marta M
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for my friends wedding. Beautiful settings, amazing food and really helpful friendly staff. It was a lovely day to be remembered, thoroughly recommend! Beautiful pool with a bar and it is so quiet as a setting.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Sarah,
Thank you so much for your reviews.
We organise once a week on summer time an special barbaque with musique.
It would be nice to see you at Castell d´Empordá Hotel.
Regards!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

The Castell d'Emporda was the location for my daughters wedding there March 31, 2018. From the tasting in October to the arrival of friends and family to the wedding itself - the staff of the Castell went above and beyond to make sure that everything was perfect. The setting is magnificent and the grounds are impeccable. The staff are very professional yet warm and friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy. As a result, my daughter had a fairy tale wedding that she will remember always. I would not have changed one single thing. A big shout out to Sandra, the wedding planner provided by the hotel, who I wish I could bring her back to Canada for my next daughters wedding. She is professional, knows her business well, is warm and friendly and above all, I didn't have to worry about any single detail. The owners are present and encourage everyone to have a good time. The chef is adventurous and his food is fantastic. I hope he earns his Michelin star soon - he deserves it. He also personally connected with us both at the tasting and at the wedding to make sure we were happy with everything. We even threw last minute large dinner parties before the wedding at him and he accommodated us with grace and a wonderful meal. I highly recommend this hotel for either a lovely romantic stay for 2 or a spectacular wedding for 120. They do both perfectly. My daughter had her first dance on the patio overlooking the spanish countryside with the sun setting behind the Pyrenees behind them - how perfect is that. Also Spain is my new favourite country for how warm and lovely the people are in the area. I would love to keep this hotel my little secret but others deserve to know how wonderful they are. to Albert, Sandra, Chef and all the others - thank you!

Room Tip: Rooms in the Castell require use of stairs but are lovely. Tower rooms are for the very fit but are fun.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank carorab

Thank you so much Carorab, you are so nice and it is nice to get some reviews like yours.
We say all this to Sandra from your side, and to all the Castell d´Empordá staff that are doing a real good job day by day.
Of course, our goal is that everything has to be perfect to our guests and friends.
Do not hesitate to contact us nex time you will come to visit us.
Best regards!!!