“Nice place to stop after a long day on the road.”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #12 of 114 Restaurants in Barstow
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Full Serve Restaurant
Description: Full Serve Restaurant
Reviewed 21 April 2018

You can always count on plenty to eat and decent food at this Black Bear Diner. Try the meatloaf. It may not be exactly like Mom used to make but it sure is in the running. If you leave and you aren't full, well that would be almost impossible. So for good eats, you will want to dine here.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Heard and read good things about this place. Finally stopped for breakfast on the way to visit some friends in LA. Had the pancakes with two eggs, potatoes, and bacon. The bacon was advertised as thick cut, but theirs were as thin as a dime and cooked to a crisp. The pancakes are supposed to be their specialty, and while they were tasty, they were dryish and fell apart as I cut into them. Service was mediocre at best. And on top of it, the breakfast was fairly pricey, as such types of breakfasts go. All in all this was a disappointing experience, at least based on my pre-expectations.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We'd traveled all day and ate dinner here that night. We were in the mood for grilled cheese, and we weren't disappointed. I wish I knew had they made them to taste that yummy! There were perfect. The fries were okay, nothing special. Once of us got a cup of clam chowder, and it was really awful. We got pie to go, which we loved. Both the chocolate and banana cream are to die for, and the servings were huge. Our server was friendly and efficient, and the restaurant seemed very clean. Our food arrived hot and fresh.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We always stop here on our way to Vegas for a lunch and did so again last Saturday around 11:30am.

The food here is always good and in the past service has also been fast and friendly. This time however, we were very disappointed in the service. My wife order a typical sandwich which came with a side salad. After putting on her dressing and getting ready to have her first bite, she noticed a long hair in her salad. We immediately pointed it out to our waitress (Mendoza) who brought us out another salad. Nothing else was said, no manager came over to apologize and when the bill came, nothing was taken off, not even our drinks.

I was going to ask for the manager and say something but my wife said lets just go so we paid and left.

Looking back, I probably should have said something when paying. I did however call the district manager after coming back home, James Weaver, who was very nice and appreciative of my call.

1  Thank mrstats69
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

A favorite of Truck Drivers and Locals. The entrees and deserts will have both your eyes and senses in an uproar!! Food is top quality and served with a mouth watering appeal! The homemade biscuits are colossal in size. One entree feeds an army. Go hungry...leave satisfied!