“Great Thai”

My Thai
Ranked #91 of 409 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 30 March 2017

After finding two of my regular Thai places closed, we went here. I am glad we did!!! Had the Thai Basil Fried Rice, and Soft shell crabs. The Thai chili sauce for the crabs is just amazing!! Loved the fried rice. They included additional hot sauce so you can heat it up more. Great food, friendly staff, good prices!

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

My readers know that I travel nationwide and around the world, having a particular interest in Burma and Thailand. So I know Thai food pretty well and it's my favorite. You have to be careful though. Thai food is known for being spicy, using lots of fresh chili peppers and sweet Thai basil, and it can burn your face off! :)

After driving most of the day in a winter storm, I was cold and hungry. So I got off the highway to gas up and maybe get a bite to eat. I never expected to find a Thai restaurant. I gave it the once-over and decided that it was a real Thai restaurant and not one of those Americanized Asian Fusian places.

I was greeted by a very friendly Thai lady and had my choice of seating. There was one thing on my mind, and that was Parang Curry with Chicken. It's a sweet-spicy red curry made with coconut milk, served with some kind of green vegetable and your choice of rice: white steamed (usually Jasmine), or fried. Sometimes, in many Thai restaurants, the veggies are skimpy because they concentrate on the curry sauce. Thank God! I love the sauce! But "My Thai" gave me many hot, juicy broccoli hearts, snow pea pods, and water chestnuts. The Panang sauce was perfect, having just the right amount of spice and crushed peanuts. I had a hot pot of jasmine tea and I was all warmed up and ready to go again.

The manager, a Thai lady from South of Bangkok, was extremely friendly. The place is ultra clean and comfortable. And I'll be back on my next trip through Frederick.

Thank Dr. Bob D
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Great selection of healthy, delicious meals. Helpful and super friendly staff. Busy during lunch, but nice and relaxing for dinner.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Traveling with family over the holidays and stopped for the night in Frederick. Restaurant located in small shopping center diagonally across intersection from our hotel. Ordered take out for dinner on Friday night around 7pm: appetizers, soup, salad. Everything was delicious and ready in less than 15 minutes.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

We recently discovered this small, family-owned Thai restaurant. It is our first choice for Thai food, and we eat there often. The food is fresh, well-prepared, and beautifully presented.