“How have we missed this?”
Review of Yengec Restaurant

Yengec Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Ovacik
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

We have been going to this area of Turkey twice,sometimes three times a year for the last 7 or 8 years, but yet we have never been to Yengec until now.
What a discovery this place was.
From the warm welcome on arrival to the family coming to say goodbye, everything in between was perfect.
Atmosphere is Yengec is like visiting old friends, warm, relaxed and intimate.
Lucy comes and talks you through the daily changing special and then leaves you with a copy and the everyday menu to look over, there is no rush here.
The food was delicious, we all had different meals.i had the musakka and it was a little to much cinnamon for me but not offensive.
Reasonably priced, good choice of wine and a must visit restaurant if you havent been.
This is a very small place, we waited a week for a reservation in October, you will definitely have to allow a lot more than that in the summer.
We will definitely be regulars from now on, if we can get in.

Reviewed 18 October 2018

I can't recommend this beautiful place enough. Food is excellent, staff are wonderful and what a lovely setting too.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

I have been reading recent reviews and as a regular customer I feel I have to comment. The staff and food are excellent and always have been. I get irritated when people smoke cigarettes or e-vape on tables nearby when I am eating. It is ignorant and not allowed in Europe so why feel it is ok in Turkey,
If this happens then I complain to the staff as I feel they have a responsibility to all the customers to make their experience a good one.

Date of visit: September 2018
3  Thank Lynne H
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely cooked family meal by the pool.
The choice of food is great and enjoyed by all no one had a bad word to say.
Service is good just a shame the waiter can’t keep his feelings about smoking to himself, but this will not stop me returning next year if I can get a table.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We visited for the MacMillan coffee morning and had tea and cakes, was a lovely atmosphere and a great turn out! We booked to have our final meal of the holiday as we’ve been previously before. Food was great, deserts were lovely! It was just a shame that the waiter was extremely opinionated regarding my work and the use of electronic cigarettes! A lecture whilst our for a meal on holiday wasn’t ideal... would like to return again however this has put us off.