We went with 10 friends to stay at this hotel for the second time to attend the New Year's Eve party, and had a wonderful time from arrival to departure. The hotel is so conveniently situated just off jcn13 of the M6 nr Stafford, which is brilliant if you are looking for an overnight stop on the way north or south. The hotel is very characterful and has a lovely duck pond at the front and the Staffordshire and Worcester canal runs along the back of the hotel, which is well worth a walk along to Penkridge The staff and are polite and friendly from reception to the chamber maids who turned down the beds each evening. Our room was overlooking the car park and part of the canal, and although you could just about hear the motorway traffic, it was not intrusive. The room was spacious with very large, very comfortable double bed, bathroom with good powerful shower over the bath. The food for New Year and the next night was fabulous - quality dining here, and the breakfast included Staffordshire Oatcakes which are actually like crepes - very filling and traditionally served with bacon and cheese! Yummy! They also have a very welcoming pub like bar in which we sat one afternoon for lunch and games.
This hotel is privately owned and family run, which is why I think it is so well run and enjoyable to stay at. We spoke to a few of the staff, many of whom have been working there for several years which says a lot. It also seems to be a very popular venue for weddings with one going on, on both of the occasions we have stayed. We would most definitely stay at this hotel again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moat House Staffordshire, an independent, family run hotel with four coveted AA stars....a unique and very special place. The luxury Moat House Hotel boasts a canal side location in the picturesque village of Acton Trussell. It extends a warm family welcome which guarantees industry leading professionalism and service. Whether your need is for accommodation, fine dining, a wedding venue or the best in corporate hospitality, our beautiful, historical buildings provide the perfect solution. Close to junction 13 of the M6 and within a short drive of Stafford, The Moat House combines a taste of history with leading-edge facilities and unrivaled service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The Moat House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moat House Acton Trussell Hotel Acton Trussell
- Moat Hotel Acton Trussell