“Don't get king room, get two queens”

Super 8 Keystone/Mt. Rushmore
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Keystone
Reviewed 24 October 2010

We got a king room that was an ad-on, great for no noise but it was not well insulated and the heating unit was not enough for the cold weather. I froze. The windows also did not have light blocking curtains just mini blinds so when the sun came up we were up. Sun blocking curtains can be purchased reasonably at Wal-mart would recommend management do so. They also need to get some electric baseboard heaters. Other than that the room was nice. Bottom of tub needed to be scrubbed. Scrub brush and Dow Scrubbing bubbles will do wonders.
It was nicer than expected for a Super 8 and I do not think any of the other rooms have any of the issues we experienced, except maybe the bathtub issue. The staff was very very friendly and very helpful. They did give me another blanket for the bed when I asked. Should have switched rooms but I thought it would heat up. Breakfast could be a little better but was adequate. Everything in the town is mostly shut down in mid October so go earlier. Fall colors were beautiful!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wanderer_not_lost

Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our road trip to Yellowstone and it was one of the cheapest on the trip. We were given an unusual room, which was between floors. It was a very long , but narrow room, but it looked right out over the town and was pleasant.
We had a problem with the air conditioning as the front panel fell off when I switched it on. We reported it to reception and they had a handyman in to fix it within 15 minutes.
We were about 5 minutes drive from Mount Rushmore and about 10 minutes walk from the main part of town. We ate in the Ruby House Restaurant both nights because we had real difficulty in feeding my vegetarian wife. Her meal was adequate, but I had a really good steak.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stayed right after July 4th - busiest season in that area (besides Sturgis Rally) and got a room there for just over 120$US/night. Not bad. Room was clean. Friendly service. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The price was excellent and the staff was accomodating. About what I expected with the price. Things were a big worn out but it did the job. I would say it fit the Super 8 criteria. Would stay here again if I find myself with the same schedule but would move onto a different hotel if I have more money allotted for lodging.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JoseL60
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The good: great location, close to everything. Clean and comfortable. Good continental breakfast. The bad: No working phone in the room, no elevator, only 12 channels on TV, no iron/ironing board and indoor pool was COLD. Had to leave a note for the maid to finally leave us some toilet paper and cups!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family