Super 8 by Wyndham Keystone/Mt. Rushmore
US$119
US$115
Hotels.com
US$109
Powder House Lodge(Keystone)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$180
US$170
Hotels.com
US$284
US$275
  • Restaurant
US$129
All reviewsa nice place to stayalpine slideparking lotwould stay againsturgis
Reviewed 15 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during our road trip to Yellowstone and it was one of the cheapest on the trip. We were given an unusual room, which was between floors. It was a very long , but narrow room, but it looked right out over the town and was pleasant.
We had a problem with the air conditioning as the front panel fell off when I switched it on. We reported it to reception and they had a handyman in to fix it within 15 minutes.
We were about 5 minutes drive from Mount Rushmore and about 10 minutes walk from the main part of town. We ate in the Ruby House Restaurant both nights because we had real difficulty in feeding my vegetarian wife. Her meal was adequate, but I had a really good steak.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2010

We stayed right after July 4th - busiest season in that area (besides Sturgis Rally) and got a room there for just over 120$US/night. Not bad. Room was clean. Friendly service. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2010

The price was excellent and the staff was accomodating. About what I expected with the price. Things were a big worn out but it did the job. I would say it fit the Super 8 criteria. Would stay here again if I find myself with the same schedule but would move onto a different hotel if I have more money allotted for lodging.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JoseL60
Reviewed 14 June 2010

The good: great location, close to everything. Clean and comfortable. Good continental breakfast. The bad: No working phone in the room, no elevator, only 12 channels on TV, no iron/ironing board and indoor pool was COLD. Had to leave a note for the maid to finally leave us some toilet paper and cups!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2010

My parents and I chose this motel, because of location and price, which was great. However, the service was not. We had car trouble on the way there and a huge family situation happen back home during our stay, and the staff made it worse. They never transferred any calls to our room from the dealership fixing our car, or our family members trying to get a hold of us. Even after I had a talk to the front desk stating how imperative it was for us to get our calls. This area is a dead zone, there was no cell service. I wrote a letter when I got home, but never received any feedback. Needless to say, this was the worst vacation of my life and my parents life. And all Dad wanted to do was see Mt Rushmore before he passed away.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family