“The place to be seen with a scene!”
Review of Bungalow 44

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sunnyside Sreet
Transit: GGT stop across the street
Reviewed 21 August 2018

It's a fun, vibrant restaurant with an outdoor sitting area to have drinks - this is where you make your entrance as all eyes are on you!! The place can be very noisy so ask to seated where you don't need to scream - I love their grilled octopus, and the steak tartare - the truffle fried should be illegal ;) Heirloom tomatoes with barrata was very good with a nice light dressing - the Skirt steak was a bit chewy, but that cut of meat is hard to make tender - great salads and the wine pours are fairly generous compared to some restaurants

Reviewed 12 August 2018

Let me start by saying I have been to Bungalow 44 many times and always find it very pleasurable. People are fun, energetic, interesting, and talkative..or is that just me? Now I'm not that vain but I do have to say that I am a very personable person, outgoing and respectful of others views even if they are not mine so I can always have a lovely conversation with just about anyone; and usually do. That being said, my husband and I had a great conversation with two couples. One was two female friends that had started a female only tourism/spiritual retreat business. Very zen, very interesting...a little witchy but hey whatever floats your boat. The people here are lively, there is a buzz in the air, young-middle aged-older; they are all here but fasionably dressed.

The food: It is excellent. My husband and I started off with a dozen oysters but they only serve them raw. I am good for one or two, but no more than that. They taste sweet and salty; my husband says they taste like the ocean. I'll let you decide.

I don't eat red meat that often so I'll have to take my husband's review of the skirt steak...."perfect, the best skirt steak I've ever had!" He claimed it was perfectly cooked, not to dry and not chewy; much to his delight because he informed me that usually it is over-cooked and dry in other places...not Bungalow 44.

Everything we saw come out looked great, the salads caught my eye. People were even ordering mac-and-cheese and fried chicken which surprised me given the 'supposed to be healthy' California living theme. It must have been ordered often and good because I saw fried chicken go past me several times.

Everytime I hit Mill Valley, I go to B44 because it is always fun, has excellent food, and it is a fun place to go people watch. PS - There seem to be a lot of late 50's single women that go here to scout out future alimony checks so men...you have been warned.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

We had a late lunch so we weren’t too hungry but everything we tasted was fabulous! I wanted to keep trying dishes because the preparation was so creative. Our server Christi was delightful and helped us with our choices- great experience

Reviewed 20 July 2018

Bungalow 44 is a partner of several restaurants of which several are within 10 minutes travel time from our home. Just as other restaurants of this chain, all of them are of excellent quality and highly recommendable

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Have always wanted to try the fried chicken here after having drinks at the bar on a previous visit. So, we dined at the bar on a busy weekend evening after the recent interior renovation. I really preferred the prior decor with the fun chandeliers. Did not care for the new tubular lighting nor did I enjoy the strong varnish smell coming off the wood bar. The place was packed, loud, and the service was trying to keep up. Ordered the soy tuna crudo appetizer which was nice minus the ginger being a tad too overpowering Also ordered fried chicken which arrived halfway through eating the appetizer. No acknowledgement from service about that. The fried chicken was piping hot and delicious, but the mashed potatoes were lukewarm and actually cool in some spots. Service was better on a previous visit.