“Geriatric Inn with No One Who Cares”
Review of Mountain Home Inn

Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Melancholic, Dilapidated, Unclean, and Horrifically Over Priced Hotel/Inn

The wear and tear,filth,tattered rugs,the bathroom floor dirty, baseboards,heater and door were covered with filth. It was so dusty we were sneezing and coughing. There is no Air Conditioning but with windows open and box fan we were able to tolerate the night.

We paid over 400 dollars for the night and could have stayed at many of the great 4-5 star hotels in San Francisco for less.

It was so bad that even my husband slept in his clothes on top of the duvet. We got up at 5 am and just left.

This Inn has location which is great for Muir Woods and hiking. It has the views which are so beautiful. It could be so special in this great location but unfortunately its not.

Paint, Flooring, Soap and a little scrubbing could do so much for it. Neglect and lack of care by employees or owners is evident. Parking is a problem only 6 spots for the restaurant and registers guest.

I love hiking, SFO, and this area so much I really wanted this place to be good so I could return for another stay when hiking in Muir. There are other Hotels and Inns nearby that are nice with a much lower price point.

Believe the reviews, I didn't and it was a mistake.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 3 February 2017

We didn't stay at the inn however, we did eat at the restaurant. Very rustic and homely atmosphere.
I had Crab Cakes and Vodka Mint Hot Chocolate which was delicious! If you're in the area definitely go.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Great burger and garlic fries! Views can not be beat and Bellinis are the best. Middle of Muir Woods drive.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 1 November 2016

The sun was shining after all the rain. Spur of the moment we jumped in the car and drove up to the Mountain Home Inn where we could see outside in the full glory of the sun. The view is spectacular down the valley to the Bay. The staff (all two of them) were very helpful and efficient. My partner ordered a burger which arrived perfectly cooked to his requirement with all the bits. I enjoyed a Caesar Salad with grilled chicken. Perfect. A nice rose wine from Lodi completed the picture. Good coffee too.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 29 October 2016

We were staying at Mountain Home Inn on a hiking trek and had dinner. Shirley was our server and she is somewhat of a jack of all trades at the property. My husband had a Caesar salad and I had a wedge salad. Both were very good. We each had the Mushroom Ravioli that was very good. For dessert we shared a Chocolate Lava cake. They were out of ice cream which was disappointing. Overall the menu is limited but our food was very good. The wine list was limited but adequate. Service was good.

Date of visit: October 2016