“Fantastic location...First impression was bumpy”
Review of Mountain Home Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Valley
Mountain Home Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Mill Valley B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2017

We purposely choose a room with a deck that was on the smaller side. While it did not have a TV, the hotel did provide wifi so we were able to stream a movie from Amazon. While I can appreciate that October may be a busier season, the staff seemed spread thin and not very accommodating to folks wanting to check in. After a bumpy start the night got better: The staff provided a nice prix fixe menu that was very good. Couple that with a wine pairing and we made our way back to the room quite content. Waking up the next morning was dramatic with the hotel fully socked in with fog. Breakfast was great and I really enjoyed the grits/eggs. All things considered I would do it again if I could have other friends join us.

Room Tip: You get to choose the room you want by the prices fluctuate.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 November 2017

I had a workshop in Mill Valley, so decided to treat myself to a nice hotel in the mountains. This place certainly did the trick. I arrived after the kitchen closed for dinner, but the hostess provided me with several options for restaurants and food delivery. I opted for delivery, and while I was waiting she showed me to my room. It was clean and fresh-smelling, with double-glass doors opening onto a private balcony. The view was stunning!

The hostess invited me to eat my delivered food in the dining room, and served me a glass of red California wine (decent wine list, by the way). She also cleaned up the table for me after I was done.

The room and location were quiet enough that I slept soundly, even with the balcony door open all night. I awoke to a stunning sunrise, which I enjoyed from my private balcony while sipping hot tea.

The breakfast was absolutely delicious, and made me wish I could have arrived earlier to eat dinner there, too.

The staff were helpful, courteous, and friendly. The cost was on par with the location and experience. I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2017

My experience with this place was awful from the start. It looks like a beautiful, high class mountain inn, maybe it was at one time, but not anymore! I arrived to find that the bathroom had not been cleaned to an acceptable standard, there were several hairs on the toilet seat, on the back of toilet and all over the rest of the bathroom. The tables hadn't been wiped down, there were several pieces of paper on the coffee table from the previous guest and the room wasn't vacuumed well. I immediately showed the staff. They offered that I wait in a filthy lounge, crumbs all over the place, dirty table tops and didn't even offer so much as a curtsy drink while I waited 45 min to have my room reserved. The carpets in the whole inn are filthy and covered with grease, in the rooms the walk ways are heavily soiled. It wasn't relaxing and enjoyable after arriving to a room still soiled from the previous guests, I felt grossed out the whole time wondering what else I would find! I had to ask for a reduction on my room rate, which they didn't readily offer. The customer service was as minimal as possible without being outright rude. It's been over a week and the credit isn't showing on my card although the staff assured me that his manager had credited my card. For a room that was nearly $300 per night, this was the most unsatisfactory lodging experience I have ever had! On top of that the walls are so thin that I was awake half to night to the sounds of the upstairs guests walking around and every time they flossed their toilet. I never get online and write a review, but this place was so awful and over rated that I had to in hopes that no one else has such an awful experience!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Sadly, we only stayed here one night. With it close proximity to hiking, and the bird watching while sitting on our balcony, another night or three would have been great.

Shirley welcomed us to the Inn and also served us a wonderful dinner. We both had the grilled salmon with asparagus and all was perfectly cooked.

Breakfast was good too

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

The stay was the most amazing. The location was the best for hiking, going to Muir Woods, San Francisco and Sonoma. You can be any of the sites in less than 30 minutes!! The room was super quaint with a great view from the deck. Sclvin was the best with such a warm personality. He took super care of us along with Daniel who had the best laugh. Every morning we had breakfast on the deck overlooking the Bay. The most relaxing place ever. The food was excellent and the crab cakes were better than Scomas!! Don't miss this gem of a spot!! You will not be disappointed!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
11.8 km away
Cavallo Point
Cavallo Point
#3 of 4 in Sausalito

Been to Mountain Home Inn? Share your experiences!