All reviewsmississippi riverthe pilot houseplated breakfastfrieshill overlookinghot tubtour busbiscuitsfree breakfast isstay there againfront desk staffvery nice hotelnext morningsouthern breakfastroom was largestaff was very friendly and helpfulking suite
Reviewed 28 June 2018

A smart hotel with great views over the river. Friendly staff on reception, we had a spacious room that was clean and a bathroom with a shower that worked properly(always a bonus). The outside pool and Jacuzzi were ideal for a hot day, with tables and chairs around to bring your drinks from the well stocked bar. Breakfast is included with a good choice of food but sadly no waffle machine! A short walk to the main town area (there were extensive bridge road works when we were there so we had to drive round) where you can visit old houses.

Room Tip: a room with a river view is a bonus
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Wendy G, General Manager at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments. We appreciate your feedback and am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Also, thank you for the comment regarding the waffle machine, which is an addition to our breakfast offerings that we are considering. We hope you will visit us again!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Visited as part of a tour group. Rooms spacious, bed & pillows ok. Shower over bath , again with those horrible curtains. Shower not brilliant as managed to soak the floor every time we used it.....maybe it need some limescale remover ?

Breakfast ok. There looked to be a nice bar area, which wasn't open when we stayed there .....odd to have that facility....40+ people on a tour bus and no bar open ??

Until I just saw the photos here on Tripadvisor I had no idea this hotel had such a nice looking pool and jacuzzi........

Very attractive lobby but could have done with more info on hotel and a bar that was open .

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us. I am sorry that the lounge area was not open when you arrived. We are currently open every evening, but closed on Sunday. We are taking your comment seriously, with a sizeable tour group, it would be nice to have the lounge available for drinks prior to dinner. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

A pleasant little hotel overlooking the Mississippi towards Louisiana. In room fridge, microwave and coffee making facilities which at one time was the norm in most hotels in the USA. However we have found that some of the bigger chains don’t even have a fridge. The staff are very friendly but the service in restaurant is extremely slow, we waited over an hour for our starters, but the food itself once it arrived was very good, so I would advise to book a table for 7pm if you want to eat at 8pm!
Beware the bar closed at 10pm prompt, no ‘ifs or buts’ in fact some of our group were told to drink up and leave the area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

We appreciate comments from our guests, as it provides us the opportunity to improve. I am sorry that on the evening you were here, the bar was closing. We post the open time for the lounge at 4pm, as our closing time depends on the number of guests we have that are still enjoying the facility. I will look into why the bar was closed at 10pm sharp, as this is not our policy, I apologize. I agree with you, the hour wait is way too long in the restaurant. Our times are normally much quicker, I am sorry you had to wait on the evening you dined. Thank you for staying with us and I truly hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Best Location for a hotel, the view is amazing! The staff is friendly, down to earth and accommodating. The rooms are good sized and clean. I love the extra pillows on the bed! I stayed on the way to Texas and enjoyed the view so much I decided to stay again on my way back home.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

This is so nice to hear! I hope your stay on your return trip was as pleasant as your first stay. Thank you very much for sharing these nice comments.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Very good value for money. This hotel is on a short walk distance of the historic city centre. Located on a hill it offers superb views of the Mississippi river from the bar. Breakfast was very average. Very friendly staff. Rooms are spacious.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

We are pleased that you selected Hotel Vue for your room accommodations. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the views from our property and I hope that you enjoyed the comforts of our hotel. Thank you for sharing your comments.