“Great lunch”
Review of Kgum Bo Restaurant

Kgum Bo Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 33 Restaurants in Wiarton
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Lunch was very good with large sized portions. Excellent service, staff was very friendly and the specials are reasonably priced.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

This is one of those family owned Chinese restaurants that a group of people love because they love the family. It doesn't matter what the food is like.

I've gone here a couple of times.
The food is bland and simply isn't good.
They brought back the buffet when the Wiarton Inn re-opened, in order to keep people. I tried it and it was one of the worst I've ever eaten at.

The Won Ton soup was almost inedible and hot dog pieces wrapped in bacon have no place on a Chinese food buffet.

Don't waste your time here. Go to the Wiarton Inn.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Fried rice was OK ... but I've had better beef and broccoli that I made myself (and that's not saying much because I don't know how to cook tender beef for the life of me). Who omit's the (oyster?) sauce on that dish ? Well, apparently they do ... bad choice on our part -- it was bland/tasteless and padded with cheep onions and celery in addition to the few broccoli flowers they did use. The special fried rice was tasty though -- so recommend trying that and some other items on the menu.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

we just order one take-out fried rice. when we open the cup containing my ordered food, it is cold, hard rice grain. I just see one, probably two piece of meat from the so called chicken fried rice.
I can not believe they serve food like that. I know Chinese food but for sure is not their style. I guess the staff there see we are not local people and just cheat us.
100% not recommend this restaurant!!!!!

1  Thank mcaric2016
Reviewed 17 June 2016

My mother and I happened to need lunch and did not want to be in a busy crowded place and Wiarton is so busy in the summer. We went in for the special - the chicken balls and rice meal that was advertised on the sidewalk board. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the restaurant but a bit worried for the owners that it was empty at that time of day. Our meal was excellent, served within 15 minutes and we were not inundated with 'how are things here?" every 5 minutes.