All reviews hamburger cubana air march break costa sur pork cienfuegos airport santa clara lots of hot water basic hotel night life air conditioner georgina horses pesos tennis algae returns
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Been going to Rancho Luna for over 20 yrs. Always had a good time. The staff are excellent,rooms clean, And food ok. In all the years I have just had one major complaint. The blaring music all day long in annoying. In the evenings the show is so loud you cannot talk to anyone. Why do they have to try and play at a deafening volume, which spoils some of the good music they play? The problem is that they only serve drinks in the entertainment area so you can't get away from it if you want a couple of drinks and have a conversation with friends. I will still go there a couple of times a year and this is my only complaint.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank maplehurst
Reviewed 22 March 2018

If you are looking for a trip to Cuba and want to save on the cost then this is the Hotel to go to. The food was not the greatest but I did not go to Cuba expecting amazing food.The Pool bar pizza and fries were amazing and the bar drinks were very good too. Our room cleaner was very thoughtful and wrote us a nice note on our last day. The head of entertainment Juan was fantastic and interacted with everyone, he made us all feel welcome. The pool was always kept very clean and the pool staff and bar staff were very friendly. If you go to this hotel I recommend taking the bus to go see the waterfall, it is absolutely beautiful. I also recommend booking the restaurant in the hotel every dinner if possible because that food is much better than in the buffet. The mango is to die for. The only things I would complain about is the hotel rep who was very rude to the guests and the shower tends to leak into the rest of the bathroom. Other than that I had a very good time with my friends.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank simo847
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

The rooms are small with traces of mold growing around the ceiling corners. Half the lights bulbs in the room where blown. I finally got a maid to change them and the light over the dressing mirror promptly blew again suggesting bad wiring. The shower stall was very slippery and most showers were cold. I'm glad I was on my own. Sharing the cramped space with a second person would have been frustrating. The food was very bland. There was lots of rice cooked different ways if that's your thing. They do not have cream for coffee so it was cappaccino made with powdered milk everyday. It was recommended if you were using the pool to do so early in the day as the locals urinate in it. There was no peace and quiet to be had. There was spanish music blaring everywhere you went even the beach. The public area toilets were frequently without toilet paper and the seat was always wet. It seems the locals squat rather than sit so wet toilet seats were to be expected. On excursions in to town, expect to bring your own toilet paper and sanitary wipes. Most places don't have toilet seats, paper or soap. This resort does not put much effort into activities so the bar with all you can drink was the popular activity of the day. I've also never seen so many smokers in years. Many of the older gentlemen who frequent the resort have local girlfriends for entertainment. It seems to be a favorite destination for a large number of people simply because of the price and you will see them multiple times in throughout the year. The staff are very friendly and helpful and go out of their way for faces they see frequently.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
6  Thank Janis W
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

I went with a bunch of my friends and honestly had the best time! This is my second time in Cuba, and really preferred this stay to the one in Camaguey. The front desk staff were useless, and the staff at the buffet were not the best. However, the main entertainer (Juan) was incredible! Really made sure we had a good time. Also all the bar staff were amazing. Our room was good as well as the maid. The beach wasn’t the best but the public beach (5 min walk away) was good!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
6  Thank BackPacker757951
Reviewed 24 February 2018

Bus ride to the resort was 2 hours but the rise was nice and were able to see some of the countryside, bus trip was shorter than the scheduled 3 hours. The hotel is very poor, very poor lighting at night. The area where I was had no outdoor lights and I fell down the step lost my room key had to feel my way back into my room to find my phone, in order to find my room key since the room key controls the room lights. The most enjoyable part of this beginning of my trip was that while I was making my way back into my room without lights a few visitors joined me in my room . I had to shoo out a nice sized crab (he would have been a nice dinner ) and a couple of big bugs went into my room. The food was poor, I have had very good food in Cuba but not at this resort. The buffet was dirty, their was 2 waiters that were very friendly and attentive to the guests but not the others. The front desk staff were ok but not friendly. No one in the resort greeted you in the day not one buenos Dias or buenos tardes or noches,except from the chambermaid. Other resorts in Cuba that I have been at ,the workers ,all the workers acknowledged the guests. The rep for the hotel was fair not overly friendly and tended to ignore people if she was unsure if they were guests. The pool was salt water and very nice and clean. The beach was ok but not too many umbrellas at the beach so if you wanted shade you had to sit under a tree and unfortunately I had the ants falling on
me which was unpleasant. Going to the city was nice about a 15 to 20 min taxi ride, and had some very good meals in the city( DonaNora and los Lobos ) . I do not think i would go back to this resort as there is many others that are better.

Room Tip: Do not take ground floors If you have a difficult time with stairs this is NOT the hotel for you.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo