“If you have all the time in the world...”
Review of Restaurante Bahia

Restaurante Bahia
Ranked #9 of 67 Restaurants in Cienfuegos
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Cuban, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I had the grilled fish which was on the salty side. Nevertheless, food was pretty good compared to the other restaurants I’ve tried. Service however is extremely slow...... we waited for almost 45 minutes for them to take our orders?!?! When we ordered red wine, the attitude of the staff was extremely bad and tone was impatient. My suggestion is to eat here only if you have all the time in the world for a long (at least) 2 hours dinner.. I just ordered a main dish and that’s how long it takes so do the math...!

1  Thank YN27

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Wonderful Restaurant, delicious food great service. Maravilloso lugar la comida deliciosa y un gran servicio. My grill fish with shrimps on top covered with melted cheese was very nice an fresh RICO RICO

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Decent restaurant with a not so obvious front, easy to miss. Privately run restaurant, maybe able to hold 50 people. All servers wear very sharp uniform,very decent menu, with decent price, good quality and tasty. I saw 4 female and 3 male servers but only one can take orders with English speaking customers. So you may have to wait fro while. Try ordering fish because they are fresh and tasty. Service is good and has decent alcohol.
Ambient lighting, not quiet though but not too noisy either

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

On our first night in Cienfuegos, my wife and I decided that we would not stop for dinner until we found a restaurant that looked like it was a favorite for locals. A quick peek into Restaurante Bahia revealed many young couples and families from the area enjoying what appeared to be great cocktails and healthy portions. Not a word of English, French, or German to be heard (a welcome respite!). We shared ropa vieja and grilled fish and both were very tasty and well prepared.

After beginning with a round of well mixed mojitos, we moved on to some national cervezas - Cristal for my wife and Bucanero for me. A younger server who was not waiting on us overheard us speaking English to one another about the beers, and took an interest. After an understandable boon in 2016, recently there has been a downturn in the number of visitors from the US, so this server was eager to practice his English with us - particularly when speaking about American craft beer. We learned a lot from each other, and it made the meal even more enjoyable than it had previously been.

While I understand that this restaurant has become a popular stop for tour buses and a common recommendation from hoteliers, it has retained its authentic flair and we were made to feel quite welcome despite being the only foreign travelers dining during our visit.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I go to cienfuegos at least 2 times per year. I have tried just about every place. This is a tourist trap . You will be musch happier with the prices and food at Mamparas , which is just around the corner. I went there to join other friends.

1  Thank johnnyru2016