“Wedding and anniversary dinner”

The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Price range: US$50 - US$200
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Kalai Waa
Description: Hawaii's first and only Relais & Chateaux restaurant, The Restaurant at Hotel Wailea offers a European-inspired elegance infused with creative island-to-table cuisine. Menus are created around what is readily available from Maui’s own farms and fisherman ensuring that each dish is prepared using only the finest local, seasonal and artisanal products; including those grown in the restaurant’s own garden and farming operation. From its perch on the hillside above South Maui's Wailea resort area, the restaurant offers sweeping panoramic ocean views from the upper lanai and intimate dining under the stars in the garden.
Reviewed 9 October 2016

We had our wedding dinner here in 2005 and came back to celebrate our ten year anniversary and ate here again. It was actually better in 2015 than I recall it being in 2005. The food was amazing, the view from our table was absolutely sick it was so beautiful and the service was stellar. It's very expensive but if you're looking for a special occasion restaurant then I would recommend this place hands down!

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

Beautiful sunset view and food to match! Cancelled another reservation to go back a second time!! A must!!!

Reviewed 25 September 2016

My last review was a mistake, I rated it a 1, but my intension was to rate it a 5, it was just a wonderful hotel and i look forward to returning. The suites are charming and wonderful, the pool cabanas were wonderful also and Chef Duane's food was off the scale. Because the pool doesn't have children, its nice and quiet, great bar also. the hotel has limo service throughout Wailea, and the hotel will take you to the shops, restaurants, anywhere within Wailea. I couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay, the staff is amazing and there to fill every need. I cannot wait to come back

1  Thank marionbK5485ZX
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for a romantic restaurant in Wailea with a perfect sunset view, then this is your place. Every table and even the bar has a view and it's a great one. For the price, the food is good, but not exceptional. We had a raw fish appetizer that was good but very small and very expensive. My husband got the snapper and loved it. I got the carbonara and it was different and good. The service was also good. The sunset view was so great I would go back. But if this restaurant didn't have the view, I don't think I would go again.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Terrible, considering the price, and the lack of interest/energy on the part of our main waiter, and likely our chef. This restaurant was formerly known as Capische. I last visited five years ago, and I liked Capische so much that I went three times during my last stay in 2011. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and the food was suddenly below average, yet the bill was nearly $300 for 3 people (only one $15 glass of wine was ordered as two people in our party did not drink). I mentioned my disappointment to a local, and she said that it was the second time during the week that she had heard such a complaint about this restaurant. She then told me that Capische has a new chef, and new ownership as of 4-5 months ago (hence, its new name). The new chef is probably a lovely person, but our food was not fresh, and in fact, it was quite bland (two of us had seafood dishes and didn't finish, despite the small portions). Furthermore, I had asked for the chef (via the waiter) to be creative and have fun in preparing a vegan entree, and I was discouraged by the waiter in my efforts multiple times. Eventually it was suggested that I eat something off of the menu, minus the animal products, which ultimately proved to be the worst meal I had in Maui (despite its exorbitant cost). I should add that a couple of the waiter's assistants were terrific, and eager to help, which definitely went a long way with me. Our main waiter however, was all frosting and no cake. He could not be bothered more often than not, and had a bit of a too cool for school mentality. Who knows, maybe he was just having a bad day. Regardless, we still gave a good tip, mostly because of the energy of the two assistant waiters. Our takeaway? I can no longer recommend this restaurant (formerly known as Capische) as we eventually found a Mom and Pop Thai restaurant in Wailea that we loved, which for 1/6 the price, was a ten times more enjoyable experience all the way around (you can do the math). :) Good bye Capische, or the Restaurant at Hotel Wailea. Hopefully, you can make the necessary changes, and have a great restaurant again someday.

2  Thank DisappointedCouple47