“Anniversary Dinner”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 50 Restaurants in Wailea
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: The Shops of Wailea
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Reviewed 7 December 2017

When you want a good steak or lobster, you can always count on Ruth Chris for quality. I had a wonderful melt in your mouth filet with a side of asparagas, my husband had the lobster. Delicious!

Reviewed 6 December 2017

My wife and I went for a birthday celebration during restaurant week. (November 11th). The service was great but there were some alarming issues:

1) Three of the wines we attempted to order were on the wine list yet weren't in the cellar. The waiter explained it was a new list and "sometimes the manager keeps things hidden" (??)

2) My wife's steak came and it was rancid. This is not an exaggeration. It was bad meat and had completely turned. Worse, we waited nearly ten minutes before the waiter came back to check on our meal's preparation. Once known, he of course immediately fixed the problem and had a new steak to us in less than five minutes.

3) Our table was near a waiter's station/computer terminal. About five minutes after the replacement steak mentioned above was served we were FINALLY enjoying our meal with a nice glass of (third-choice) Longshadows Feather. We looked over and to our horror saw one of the waiters pick his nose. Mind you, this wasn't just a little scratch. This was a full-blown excavation. Needless to say, what was already a cursed meal pretty much went right out the door at that point.

Perhaps worst of all was the disappointment of the evening after how much I had been talking up Ruth's Chris to my wife. (She had never been.) Our waiter (Rick, I believe) was apologetic and I believe quite sincere for how things had gone. I do not hold him responsible for the wine or bad meat issues. Clearly though, there are some management issues (stashing wine?) at this location about which the corporate offices should be aware.

At the end of the meal the manager on duty came over and offered us a percentage (I think it was 20-30%) off the wine as compensation for our trouble. In my mind, at that point the meal should have been comped in it's entirety. I suppose if we had deigned to mention the nose picking waiter it might have been worth another buck or two. However, at this point we just wanted to get out and back to our condo so we might spend next few hours watching and waiting for signs of food poisoning... (fortunately, not to occur).

1  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Food, Atmosphere, Bar Tender, and Server Fabulous! 2nd time there and nothing has changed regarding quality! Next time in Maui, we'll most definitely be back.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Made a reservation for a group of 10 and they were able to fit us in during prime dining time. It was Wailea restaurant week so we got fabulous food for a great price.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We eat at Ruth's Chris a couple times a year. It is expensive for us, so it is only on special occasions. Visiting Maui was one of those times. My wife and I ate at the Wailea location and loved our meals. We live in Utah but the Wailea Ruth's Chris is just as good as the 2 locations in Utah. Tip of the hat to Management at all locations and Ruth's Chris for the recipes. Your food is as good as food can get. Every meal we have ever gotten at Ruth's Chris has been excellent. Delicious!! Great Job.