7 people are viewing this hotel
US$799
Free cancellation until 10/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$796
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
Priceline
US$639
Free cancellation until 09/12/21
Hotels.comUS$799
Orbitz.comUS$799
AC HotelsUS$639
All reviews walking distance high end per night great location storage pillows cabana maui
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2021

The AC is new but I wouldn’t stay here again.

1. There is only one small pool.

2. Breakfast not restaurant style, not even buffet style. A few packaged ham/cheese, boiled eggs, or those small cereal bowls.

3. Because of the $1000/week fee to rent a car, I didn’t rent a car. They said the beach is a quick walk down the street. It is not if you don’t get specific directions. I left the hotel an hour ago, ended up in the employee parking grange of The Shops at Wailea until I finally paid $7 to get to the correct area….$7 to go the other direction to a well hidden entrance to the Marriott resort.

4. No restaurant, just a bar. The other Marriott property is beachfront, has a concierge, more pools and actual restaurants. When I looked today it was $100 more per night to have less hassle/mode relaxation while on vacation.

5. No beach umbrellas onsite…more walking must be done to go to the Residence Inn behind the AC to rent and return those.

6. No concierge on-site. I had to call the other Marriott property for a concierge service to book tours. Even though their concierge was taking my money for tours/luau/restaurants, being at the AC Marriott gives you have NO access to the Marriott resort pool, cabana rentals, etc) where you are told to book tours. It’s insane that the only beachfront Marriott hotel here doesn’t give access to the other Marriott properties that don’t have beachfront.

The only thing that’s great about this property is maybe the “newness” and the staff is so friendly. But I wish I had just booked at the “real” Marriott hotel in this area. I have to just make the most of it, since I’m here until Thursday.

I’m annoyed after getting lost on the way to the beach, having to pay a driver to show me the way, not getting access to any Marriott amenities that the concierge said I would have staying at the AC, having to walk all over the place to get an umbrella, and just bring hot and sweaty from all the running around.

First time to Hawaii is not starting off great

Trip type: Travelled solo
Christina Y, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel by Marriott Maui Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2021

Aloha,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Due to COVID-19, our guests' health and safety come first, which is why the AC Kitchen is not currently offering a true "buffet-style" format. It is also why our offerings are individually wrapped, again for safety. In addition to the items you mentioned, we also offer various juice and beverages, including Nespresso coffee drinks, freshly made yogurt parfaits, an a la carte menu that includes two savory and one sweet-tart, and Belgian waffles.

We are sorry that you got lost on your way to the beach, we will look into creating printed walking maps as an option.

You are correct, KAI is our poolside, ocean-view bar that offers a limited menu for guests to enjoy while having a cocktail or enjoying the pool. It is not a restaurant; we apologized that this was not made clear to you when you checked in. We like to support local businesses, encouraging our guests to explore and dine at local restaurants.

Regarding our rates, we believe we are competitively priced. Our room rates and parking fees are priced below all resorts within the Wailea area, and we do not charge a daily resort fee.

Mahalo

Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

Our first time at this hotel and it was a great experience. The inside hotel staff, housekeeping and restaurant employees were ALL amazing and friendly.

ROOM - typical sized hotel room but everything was new. The beds were very comfortable. My only complaint is that there is very little storage for your clothes. Our family of three had a difficult time finding space just with our carry-on luggage clothes.

RESTAURANT - service was exceptional and the $5.00 draft beers were definitely enjoyed. Our family had the teriyaki chicken bowl and dumplings. Smaller portions but very tasty.

LOCATION - the resort is about a 12 minute walk from the nearest beach and about a 5 minute walk from the shops at Wailea.

We will definitely return.

Room tip: I would recommend a room on level 3 or above.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Christina Y, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel by Marriott Maui Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Aloha,

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are so glad you found our staff friendly and amazing. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience, it's the best compliment we can ask for. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our island home.

Your AC Wailea 'ohana

Reviewed 8 August 2021

From the warm arrival with Aloha spirit with each staff that we encounter, made our quick kama'aina staycation after a long work week amazing and very relaxing. The poolside, the view and ambience is exactly what i needed for my weekend. Great location to everything in Wailea and steps away from the Wailea golf courses. Can't wait to return! Thank you to General Manager Kaleo Kenui and your staff as this is now my new favorite place to relax and enjoy Wailea.

Date of stay: August 2021
Christina Y, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel by Marriott Maui Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2021

Aloha,

We love our kama'aina and are thankful you chose us for your staycation. We are glad our team was able to make your stay "amazing!" We look forward to welcoming you back!

Your AC Wailea 'ohana

Reviewed 29 July 2021

I'm almost hesitant to give a glowing review cuz then the secret would be out, but this place deserves the recognition. I realize that during this post pandemic time, Maui seems to be a top spot to escape to and the media keeps talking about the crowds, etc. However I never felt that type of impact by staying at this resort. The staff was attentive and kind. The rooms are beautiful and super clean (of course it's pretty new, so this should be expected), the location is SUPER close to the beach and within walking distance to shops, coffee, etc. But more importantly, the beds are comfortable (this is key for my family). We slept well. We will return :)

Date of stay: July 2021

Aloha,

Thank you very much for your review. We are glad you found our staff attentive and kind, our rooms beautiful and clean. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your return. As we say in Hawaii, "E Komo Mai" (until me we meet again)!

Mahalo,
AC Wailea 'ohana (family)

Reviewed 27 July 2021

[-]
Rooms are not fully cleaned - Please be sure to check your blankets and pillows when you check in.

Request all items when you check in and make sure you are checked in at the right room cause miscommunications happen at the front desk multiple times.

Guests who do not stay in suites do not deserve to have bathrobes.

Pool has been closed for the entire duration of my stay.

[+]
staff members are super kind so I don’t want to blame them for all the mishaps.

You get what you pay for so you know where to/not to stay next time you visit.

Shopping and restaurants within walking distance - convenient location

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank O8496YPamyk
Christina Y, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel by Marriott Maui Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2021

Aloha! Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear that you found our team members to be super kind and our location to be convenient in proximity to shops and restaurants.

We would like to take this time to address the unexpected pool closure. We were forced to close the pool for the day to address a safety concern that was caused by another hotel guest. In following proper safety protocols, the pool needed to be treated which does take time to ensure the water was balanced, safe and clean for everyone’s enjoyment. While we understand this was an inconvenience, it is mandatory as your safety and health is of the utmost importance to us.

We hope you will give us another chance on a future visit to Maui.

AC Wailea ‘ohana