6 people are viewing this hotel
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
AC Hotels
Hotels.comUS$949
PricelineUS$949
FindHotelUS$949
All reviews walking distance high end per night great location storage pillows cabana maui
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2021

Yes indeed! I’ve stayed at all other Marriott on the island being a Titanium member. Where do I start? Front desk staff - the person that was helping me did not give me much information about this new hotel. You would think the staff is properly trained to know what’s important to their patrons. There’s no restaurant just hotel bar with bar food isn’t that great either. Then there’s breakfast which is pretty bad. For an elite member, usually there’s free breakfast but not at this one it’s $22 for a mediocre hotel. Not 8nly that the breakfast I ordered was an omelette that was so dried up not sure how long it was under the heat lamp I spit it out immediately. I asked the staff to give me something else that’s freshly made. She told me everything is freshly made, hence I spit out the omelette. I asked for the open face sandwich which was smaller than a McDonald’s kid size meal. I kid you not. All that for $22. The hotel is also ways away from the closest beach. You kind of have to walk through some jungle lot to get there. The service is awesome, the food is awful oh and let me get to the room part. I walked into my assigned room and immediately checked into the bathroom (this is how I know how good or bad their housekeeping is) I looked in the toilet and there’s something floating in there. It’s pretty disgusting not something I want to see. The pool is tiny and shallow and it’s really just for dipping. I would not stay here again. One of the worst Marriott I’ve ever stayed at and the worst on the island.

Date of stay: July 2021
Christina Y, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel by Marriott Maui Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Aloha hrdabster,

Titanium Elites (including Platinum and Ambassadors) receive a complimentary upgrade into the best available room upon check-in (upon availability). They also receive a welcome gift of either 500 MBV points or a $10 F&B credit (up to $20 if including a guest) used in all F&B outlets, including the AC Store.

We are in walking distance to Wailea, Mokapu, Ulua and Keawakapu beaches. The closest beach is .8 miles or 1.29 km, which for most of our guests, it takes them about 10-15 minutes walk.

Finally, our hotel offers a 2,200 square foot infinity-edge pool that is correctly sized for a boutique hotel. The pool is positioned to maximize ocean views.

Wishing you aloha, AC Wailea ʻohana

Reviewed 28 August 2021 via mobile

This Hotel left us with amazing memories of our vacation in Maui. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean. The rooms were spacious and our two queen bed room fit the four of us perfectly. We enjoyed the swimming pool, we pretty much spent the latter half of every day at the pool. The bar staff was super nice and was very willing to make accommodations. The bar had some fish tacos that were absolutely delicious and a great live musician later in the night.
We also visited the Shops at Wailea mall that was around a five minute walk away. The mall was very high end and just a beautiful place to walk around in! We highly recommend the coffee at Akamai in Wailea village. Super good coffee and huge Belgian waffles!
Overall we highly recommend this hotel and Wailea in general for a great family vacation!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Christina Y, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel by Marriott Maui Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2021

Aloha,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience, we really do appreciate you taking the time. We are so glad you enjoyed your rooms, our infinity-edge pool and KAI bar's fish tacos. On behalf of all our staff, mahalo nui loa! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Your AC Wailea 'ohana

Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

Booked this hotel on points. It’s in a great location, walking distance to the Wailea shops and restaurants. We still had a car and we’re glad we did, but you don’t necessarily need one if you just plan to stay in Wailea.

The hotel is more of a boutique hotel, not a resort like some of the beachfront properties in Wailea.

Pros:
Clean and new
Beds semi comfortable
Staff was very nice - everyone was genuine.
Good location
Quiet
Nice gym
Breakfast was good ($22 head for an unlimited menu)
Bar area was very cute

Cons:
Virtually no storage in hotel room (2 small drawers)
No bath in regular rooms (not sure about suites)
10 pool lounge chairs for the entire property - they were always full.
“Cabanas” or daybeds by the pool too expensive. No one sat in them the entire stay - $300 and you get a couple food dishes and drinks. They don’t have shade.
Too small of food selection by pool

I’d stay here again on points or for around $300 per night but if more probably would not. Overall good stay though.

Room tip: Ask for ocean view room, regular rooms have view of the road. First floor poolside rooms are really nice.
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you offering the features and services that the hotel and our staff excelled in, and also providing us input on things we can improve. As the newest property opening under current COVID-19 circumstances, we appreciate your patience.

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the rooms and overall hotel, our amazingly friendly staff, our breakfast offering, and of course, the great location – close to beaches, shops and restaurants.

Regarding storage, all our rooms offer the two drawers you mentioned and an open multi-use closet where you can hang your clothes. Finally, each room has a long bench suspended from the floor to minimize clutter, allowing you to store your luggage under it and out of the way while using the top of the bench as an open storage space for other items.

Yes, all the bath spaces offer rain-shower heads and feature walk-in baths to make them more accessible for all our guests.

We do have more lounge chairs, but they are currently in storage as we are following the State and County mandates on spacing requirements in response to COVID-19. We know it is not ideal, and we ourselves would like to put out more pool lounge seating, but at this time, everyone’s safety and health are of the utmost importance.

As for the selection of food for the pool, we are constantly working on adding more offerings!

AC Wailea ‘ohana

Reviewed 24 August 2021

The AC is new but I wouldn’t stay here again.

1. There is only one small pool.

2. Breakfast not restaurant style, not even buffet style. A few packaged ham/cheese, boiled eggs, or those small cereal bowls.

3. Because of the $1000/week fee to rent a car, I didn’t rent a car. They said the beach is a quick walk down the street. It is not if you don’t get specific directions. I left the hotel an hour ago, ended up in the employee parking grange of The Shops at Wailea until I finally paid $7 to get to the correct area….$7 to go the other direction to a well hidden entrance to the Marriott resort.

4. No restaurant, just a bar. The other Marriott property is beachfront, has a concierge, more pools and actual restaurants. When I looked today it was $100 more per night to have less hassle/mode relaxation while on vacation.

5. No beach umbrellas onsite…more walking must be done to go to the Residence Inn behind the AC to rent and return those.

6. No concierge on-site. I had to call the other Marriott property for a concierge service to book tours. Even though their concierge was taking my money for tours/luau/restaurants, being at the AC Marriott gives you have NO access to the Marriott resort pool, cabana rentals, etc) where you are told to book tours. It’s insane that the only beachfront Marriott hotel here doesn’t give access to the other Marriott properties that don’t have beachfront.

The only thing that’s great about this property is maybe the “newness” and the staff is so friendly. But I wish I had just booked at the “real” Marriott hotel in this area. I have to just make the most of it, since I’m here until Thursday.

I’m annoyed after getting lost on the way to the beach, having to pay a driver to show me the way, not getting access to any Marriott amenities that the concierge said I would have staying at the AC, having to walk all over the place to get an umbrella, and just bring hot and sweaty from all the running around.

First time to Hawaii is not starting off great

Trip type: Travelled solo
Christina Y, Guest Services / Front Office at AC Hotel by Marriott Maui Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2021

Aloha,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Due to COVID-19, our guests' health and safety come first, which is why the AC Kitchen is not currently offering a true "buffet-style" format. It is also why our offerings are individually wrapped, again for safety. In addition to the items you mentioned, we also offer various juice and beverages, including Nespresso coffee drinks, freshly made yogurt parfaits, an a la carte menu that includes two savory and one sweet-tart, and Belgian waffles.

We are sorry that you got lost on your way to the beach, we will look into creating printed walking maps as an option.

You are correct, KAI is our poolside, ocean-view bar that offers a limited menu for guests to enjoy while having a cocktail or enjoying the pool. It is not a restaurant; we apologized that this was not made clear to you when you checked in. We like to support local businesses, encouraging our guests to explore and dine at local restaurants.

Regarding our rates, we believe we are competitively priced. Our room rates and parking fees are priced below all resorts within the Wailea area, and we do not charge a daily resort fee.

Mahalo

Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

Our first time at this hotel and it was a great experience. The inside hotel staff, housekeeping and restaurant employees were ALL amazing and friendly.

ROOM - typical sized hotel room but everything was new. The beds were very comfortable. My only complaint is that there is very little storage for your clothes. Our family of three had a difficult time finding space just with our carry-on luggage clothes.

RESTAURANT - service was exceptional and the $5.00 draft beers were definitely enjoyed. Our family had the teriyaki chicken bowl and dumplings. Smaller portions but very tasty.

LOCATION - the resort is about a 12 minute walk from the nearest beach and about a 5 minute walk from the shops at Wailea.

We will definitely return.

Room tip: I would recommend a room on level 3 or above.
Trip type: Travelled with family

Aloha,

Thank you very much for staying with us! We are so glad you found our staff friendly and amazing. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience, it's the best compliment we can ask for. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our island home.

Your AC Wailea 'ohana