“Pleasant surprise”

Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pi'ilani Hwy.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

went for lunch with another couple and found the food to be delicious. Service was great and the price was very good considering you are in hawaii. portions were generous and the pina colada cake was the bomb.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,863)

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Wonderful dinner.....steak and their pina colada cake for desert...the other persons had MAHI ,also good...consistently good food

Reviewed 7 November 2017

So, I'm not a fan of shopping, and shockingly my wife disagrees with me on the subject. We come to the Shops at least once when we visit, and it's not uncommon for me to say, meet me at the bar at Tommys when you're done. I head over, grab a few apps and few drinks and kill the time (let's face it you're probably not here for fine dining anyways). This last trip I never encountered such a rude bartender. My presence was definitely ruining the conversation she continued to have even though I was there. When she finally finished and the lol's and omg's were all wrapped, I got the most curt and abrupt greeting and request for my order. At that point I said, "actually, nothing at all". I then headed downstairs and sat at Longhi's patio seating at their bar, and continued on with my plan of having a couple apps, and having a few drinks. The bartender down there was super nice, and kept yelling at me for bringing my empty drink back to the bar, that I should go sit, relax and watch tv and he'd come get it. Ha, now that was great service and super comfy chairs. See ya Tommy's, I'll still buy a golf shirt from ya, but never going into your restaurant again.

1  Thank mprach024
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

We dined at Tommy Bahama last evening to celebrate my birthday while vacationing on Maui. We had a nice table outside with lovely live music. The food was great ....enjoyed their signature coconut shrimp, crab bisque and fresh fish. Our service could have been better (no refills on empty water glasses and no acknowledgement of the birthday even though they had that information when the reservation was made). Food was great but pretty pricey . Everything comes Ala carte.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

It does seem odd eating on top of an overpriced clothing store. Thankfully, whoever runs the restaurant isn't influenced by poor value. In a word, the food is exceptional. As guests of the Fairmont Orchid we had been spoiled by outstanding fare for several days. So with somewhat uncertain expectations we decided to go farther afield and very pleasantly surprised.
We started with happy hour at the bar. The place has a great vibe with 3 busy but friendly bartenders providing mixological entertainment. My mai tai was as good as they get on the islands and my spouse's hawaiian-style mojito was a journey through tropical flavors. To absorb the alcohol we had a fish tacos appetizer. It took a long time to come and wasn't worth the wait.
When we decided to head for dinner, we were seated at an airy table outside on the second floor balcony. The view is nothing to write home about but it sure beats the fall weather at home. The lump blue crab bisque was creamy with a fair inclusion of crab bits. I wouldn't describe them as lumps.
My main, the Thai shrimps and scallops, was done in a wonderfully spicy Thai curry over almond rice. A phenomenal combination. I could have eaten a whole bowl of just that curry over rice. This was worth the drive!
My spouse's fish special, Mahi-Mahi, was delicate and tasty. It's hard to screw this up and Tommy B. did a good job.
At this point, we were pretty full until they brought out the tray of dessert choices. They had me at "chocolate". Of the three chocolate choices that night, we had the chocolate peanut butter pie. The saltiness of the peanut butter perfectly offset the sweetness of the chocolate ganache. Goodbye diet!!
The service was top notch all evening. Had we stayed inside we would also have enjoyed the live music that occasionally filtered its way outside. Lots of good reasons to go back.