7 people are viewing this hotel
US$716
Expedia.comUS$799
Hotels.comUS$799
PricelineUS$799
All reviews basketball court full kitchen putting green free shuttle yogurt nice pool pool area stove top pool and hot tub bedroom suite ocean view fitness room plenty of chairs inns property maui kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2021

Upon checking in after some pleasantries, I was asked to show my COVID vax card. I was surprised because when I stayed at AC hotel next door, they didn’t ask me that all. The staff there told me it’s. Required. Ooops I guess AC dropped the ball on that one. Anyway, the staff was definitely doing their job and recognized my elite status (which AC also failed to do). I was informed of the breakfast times, where abouts and the gym hours, I was also given some complimentary water which was nice plus a freebie from the market. I was informed of the complimentary shuttle to the Wailea mall which I definitely took advantage of twice during my stay. The breakfast was self serve for some cold items and staff assist with note items. They were up to code following Covid protocol (unlike AC hotel next door). The room was nice as they put me on the highest floor from my preference. The gym had what I needed to get a good work out in. I didn’t really use the pool as it was small and too many families in there. Overall it was good.

Date of stay: July 2021
Hotel Manager, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn by Marriott Maui Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2021

Aloha hrdabster,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Maui Wailea and providing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Reviewed 7 July 2021

Nice and clean hotel with beautiful views of sunset from the pool area. They were late in having our room ready but compensated us well for that so i have no complaints. i'm always pleased with the quality of marriots. thank you!

Room tip: the bottom floor one bedroom suites dont really offer much of a view
3  Thank sdbctb
Reviewed 3 July 2021 via mobile

This stay was unacceptable. For the rate.

No concierge. Had to run to other sister properties to find her.
Walking past garbage outside at neighbour’s door for 2 days.
No garbage bags in room considering no housekeeping for 3 days.
No valet/bell help.
No one asked at checkout how the stay was. On par with whole experience. Location is not the best. Nothing to do in the hotel, pool is whack.

Even for motel quality, again considering the rate, this was the least pleasant stay thus far in Maui. Room was nice and clean.

Room tip: BBQ grills available for guests use
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Bethany Glend, Guest Services / Front Office at Residence Inn by Marriott Maui Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2021

Aloha ByAirByLandBySea! Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Maui Wailea and providing your honest feedback. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Reviewed 26 June 2021

My family had three rooms; very clean and everyone was very friendly and accommodating. Pool was nice with plenty of room. Short walk away were several stores and restaurants (Shops at Wailea) and small beaches. The rooms are cleaned every 3 days, but just call guest services if you need anything. They have a shuttle on demand if you need a ride somewhere. Breakfast provided every morning 6-9, very basic due to Covid. Masks required indoors. Enjoyed our stay!

2  Thank Bandit331
Reviewed 14 June 2021 via mobile

This was a pleasant surprise! We arrived early and Chelsea at the front desk was very nice and provided us with an upgraded room as we are elite status with Marriott. This hotel was hands down the CLEANEST hotel we have ever stayed in! The room was perfect although maybe a bit smaller than some Residence inns we stayed in. The pool wasn’t crowded and had plenty of chairs. The BBQ pits were brand new and worked perfectly. There’s a basketball play area and a one hole golf green also on the property. The morning complimentary breakfast was delicious although smaller than normal due to Covid. The warm items were ordered from an attendant and handed over to the diner. The showers were stocked with Tea Tree by Paul Mitchell (Awesome!). The hotel also has a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within Wailea that you want. Parking was a bit pricey at $30/day. Thanks so much for making our stay great!

Room tip: Hotel is great, although not very close to the beach
Trip type: Travelled with family