“Great food and friendly staff”
Review of The Roasted Pig

The Roasted Pig
Ranked #41 of 260 Restaurants in New Bedford
Reviewed 27 November 2016

Being from out of state, we were looking for an opportunity to have Portuguese food while visiting New Bedford. There was three in our party and we all were very pleased with both the food and atmosphere. The staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant was clean and the restrooms were well appointed. We had appetizers and three different entrees. Everything was marvelous. This restaurant may become a destination for us next time we are in the area - it was that good.

1  Thank D0wn3ast3r

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

We returned here after seeing the specials advertised on Facebook. The food has always been good here and it's a lovely atmosphere to dine. Our special was shrimp Mozambique for myself which was so tasty with good size shrimp. My husband ordered the Mozambique with pasta and he finished it all! The bread and olives on the table were so good. We also got a pitcher of watermelon sangria. Lunch for two 24.99 can't beat that price for great food. Service is awesome.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

We hadn't been to The Roasted Pig for quite some time as we had been disappointed
with the menu. Our friends invited us to dine there with them last night and we are so pleased we agreed. The "new " Roasted Pig proved to be a place we will visit often based on last night's experience.
We opted for the $24.95 Dinner for two which includes two Entrees from a choice of several along with a bottle of red or white wine or a pitcher of Sangria.
My husband and our friend opted for the Portuguese fish filetas ,fried fish fillets with choice of 2 sides. Potatoes, rice, veggies or a side salad.
I chose the Carne Porco Alentajana ( pork and clams) which is one of my favorites. By far this is the best version of the dish I've ever eaten. The pork was melt in your mouth tender, the cubed fried potatoes were perfectly seasoned and cooked. If I have one complaint it would be that the little necks were a bit large for my liking. The baked haddock that our friend ordered was cooked beautifully and he loved it.
Great Puddim Flan, a cappucino and a galao completed the meal.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

The restaurant was offering dinner for 2 with either a bottle of wine or a pitcher of sangria. Although a few of the "dinner for two" entrees were on the main menu we opted to choose menu items.

The appetizer of Portuguese mussels was very tasty and broth with pops added to the experience. The entrees of bake stuffed shrimp and pork alajente was superb!

The restaurant decor was pleasing and extremely clean! The waitree was cheery and knowledgable about the menu and visited the table often to ensure our needs were met.

The prices may be slightly higher but the specials like their "dinner for 2" at $24.95 is most affordable. The quantity of food is large (as are most portuguese restaurants in are).
Given the quality and quantity I feel it is a good value.

I will return.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Whenever I am in New Bedford/ Dartmouth I always have to seek out Portuguese food. Parking can be difficult due to a small parking lot and crowded street parking, but don't let this deter you. It wasn't very busy but we did go when a feast was going on down the street. The service was exceptional and we all enjoyed our dishes (shrimp and linguine, a chicken dish, and the junior steak. I had the littlenecks and linguine which was very garlicky--the way I like it. I couldn't stop dipping the bread into the broth. For dessert, the flan was perfect. Our only "complaint" was the pitchers of sangria were $20 and had a lot of ice. We will definitely go back.