“Little bit of luxury”
Review of Tallavera Grove

Tallavera Grove
Ranked #5 of 11 things to do in Mount View
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family owned boutique vineyard offering award winning estate grown wines from select parcels of our Hunter Valley, Orange and Wrattonbully vineyards. Situated in the heart of our picturesque Mount View vineyard, our cellar door offers a Tuscan style tranquility with stunning views down over the rolling hills of the Tallavera Grove Vineyard itself, noted as arguably the best view in the Hunter Valley.Let our friendly cellar door staff take you through a selection of our exclusive wines with your next trip to one of the best kept secrets of the Hunter Valley.
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Though my partner and I couldn't afford to eat at the accompanying restaurant, we certainly had a wonderful time at the Tallavera Grove wine tasting experience. The young red-headed gentleman who greeted us was an absolute pleasure to speak with and knew exactly what he was talking about. Had a lovely chat and bought a few bottles to take home. The young man suggested a few more things to do and was very helpful since we had never been in the Hunter before. Definitely stop by and have a look.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"host"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

The cellar door was well set out with eye catching displays that invited you in to sample the lovely wines on offer. The host was young, personable and knowledgeable. They offered a wonderful selection of Hunter and non-Hunter wines and two truly special liquors.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

Next door to the best restaurant in the Hunter and beyond, Tallavera wine is really interesting and excellent. Well priced and top class.

Reviewed 21 March 2015

I was aiming to head out to this place at the end of a long line of wineries on Mount View Road, intending to visit the others on the way back, and it was a nice surprise. It felt quite isolated while still being in close proximity to other wineries and Cessnock itself. When the tar road turned into a narrow dirt track it felt like I'd left the Hunter Valley completely.

The view was lovely, and there was a good range on offer. What was unique was the wine varieties which I hadn't really seen around the Hunter before such as Verduzzo and Vermentino, and due to the fact I probably wouldn't see that particular variety again I picked up a bottle of the Sagrantino. I've since opened it, quite smooth.
I was visiting quite early on in the morning which was too early for lunch, but I do intend to go back for lunch at some point.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 January 2015

With wines from 3 different areas (hunter, orange and SA I think) you are blessed for choice and taste....must have is the Pinot Noit from Orange

Stuart M, Manager at Tallavera Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2015

Hi Mpcwhittaker24,

Thank you so much for your kind words and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our 2013 Carillion Orange Pinot Noir.
You were spot on with South Australia, we grow in a region called Wrattonbully, just up from Coonawarra, and of course as you said the Hunter Valley.

Please let us know if you need anything else and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,