“Amazing”

Ranked #15 of 75 Restaurants in Manukau
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fisher House is Highbrook's heritage Bistro, Bar and Function establishment. Originally built by Sir Woolf Fisher, Fisher House has been tastefully refurbished to keep its proud Ra Ora Stud Homestead heritage. Fisher House incorporates bar,casual and formal dining areas and a stunning garden terrace and lawn area, plus several versatile sized rooms that can be booked for cocktails parties, dinner parties, birthdays and meetings.
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

We visited fisher house for dinner while staying at quest, my partner had the pork belly & i had the fillet mignon. Both meals were exquisite. Flavours were spot on. And reasonably prices with our bill coming to $95 including two cocktails. Would come back again & again.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

We were working close by and it was recommended to us so we popped in for an early dinner. Our waitress was attentive and friendly and the menu had the usual pub fare. I had the seared tuna which was beautifully cooked and came with little bits of mango and rock melon which was a lovely accompaniment.

We don't come out this way much but if we are out this way again, we'd definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

It was my first time at high tea and being the bride my colleagues threw a tea party at fisher house. Its was lovely we had a private room to ourselves and bathrooms, free of charge and nice open courtyard. High tea was very nice and everything was tasty. Pitty we couldn't exactly finish everything. Also have been here for brunch-which is good! Defs recommended.

1  Thank Faaiza B
Reviewed 14 April 2016

The Fisher House setting is a facade for a sub-par operation. The curse of incompetence infects all involved here - from the kitchen to the wait staff.

I had high hopes for this wretched establishment, but these hopes were obliterated within an hour.

A pleasant lunch was transformed into a trial of patience, which morphed into a feeling of pure dismay.

My group was told after 30 mins of waiting that our food had been delayed and would now be another 15 mins away.

25 mins later our meals came out - COLD! We had to instruct the waitress not to leave our already-cooked burgers in the kitchen while we waited the pizza (which also arrived cold) to be served.

The burger (of the Greek lamb type) was dry and lacking taste. A five-year-old could have created a meal containing more imagination than the abomination placed in front of me.

Truthfully, I would have expected better from the student kitchen at the nearby MIT in Otara.

Fisher House is distinctly average. I urge anyone considering dining there to avoid it.

Save your sanity, your stomach and your sense of satisfaction.

1  Thank Opie S
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Was looking at the menu online and was surprised when we were served with a different menu with most of the items cut out. When we left the menu online was on the front door so it was a bit disappointing.
We came for Sunday dinner and the food was ok. I had the fish and chips and the accompaniments that came with it (mushy peas and wakame salad) were almost like garnishes since there was so little of it. The squid was beautifully cooked though.
The place did look nice on the inside but the entrance with the roundabout is one way only and the exit is on the other side of the carpark, which was hard to see in the dark.