“Farewell dinner for Friend”
Review of Fisher House

Fisher House
Ranked #20 of 69 Restaurants in Manukau
Price range: US$15 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fisher House is Highbrook's heritage Bistro, Bar and Function establishment. Originally built by Sir Woolf Fisher, Fisher House has been tastefully refurbished to keep its proud Ra Ora Stud Homestead heritage. Fisher House incorporates bar,casual and formal dining areas and a stunning garden terrace and lawn area, plus several versatile sized rooms that can be booked for cocktails parties, dinner parties, birthdays and meetings.
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

Had never been here before or realised it was here.

Read some of the reviews and wasn't sure what to expect.

Happily surprised. Plenty of parking, friendly staff.

Tables outside under awnings were very pleasant. Outside heating good and decent area. Place was packed.

Good drinks. Meals were very enjoyable.

Pork belly was generous and well cooked. Pavlova was nice

Would be happy to return again to try more of the menu,

Reviewed 23 June 2016

On business in Auckland, staying at the nearby Quest Highbrook Hotel (Excellent value). A 3 minute walk across the road. Had eaten here previously last summer, but this time it was enclosed against the mid-winter June cold. People at the adjacent drinking area seemed unusually noisy. Conversation was harder than it should be. Two simple courses, served quickly. By Auckland standards this is mid-tier quality. Nothing was exceptional but everything was good. My choice was the Chicken Liver Parfait to start, served with excellent crisp but hearty bread in abundance. For a Main I chose lamb, served in a rich reduction sauce with a variety of roast vegetables. The rib rack pairs were a little tougher than I had expected. The added rolled belly of lamb was too fatty to enjoy. The sauce however was really excellent and needed a bit more bread to ensure none got left! My colleague had two fish dishes, both which he reported as excellent. He drank nothing (driving), I had a local IPA beer which was served from the bottle. We resisted a tempting desert menu. A good meal but could be better, given that prices are on the upper end. I will return I am sure, as I have never had anything to really disappoint and mostly really enjoyable. Next time I know one of those deserts will persuade me; when I had one in February it was outstanding.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Have always had really positive experiences during lunch and dinner, the food is amazing. Today the service was super lacklustre, perhaps because they were between services. We were told a menu would be available at 3.30pm and technically there was, although it was just bar snacks. I had to ask where the menus were, where I could sit, what was available. The woman behind the bar was not forthcoming at all and didn't intimate whether we should order at the bar or she would come over. After 10 minutes eventually we figured it out! Would return however, would just make sure it was during a formal dining hour as apparantly that's the only time you'll get great service!

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Thanks Erana- everything I asked, you made it happen. Beautiful food, awesome room the billiard room for an intimate occasion but most of all you were extremely professional. And to Liam - thank you for looking after us all- from helping us to set up, serving the drinks and packing down, an extremely organised and professional young man.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

We booked a private room for high tea at fisher house. I really don't know where to start.

Food was awful. The scones were dry and cold. The sandwiches were tasteless. McCafe would be better.

Service was really lousy. We asked for a high chair repeatedly. We got it an hour later.

We got our tea 1.5 hour after we arrived even though it was the first thing we ordered.

When we asked why the tea was taking so long the waitress said there is only one person who can make tea and she's busy!

It's a shame that I'll never be able to get that time and money back again but I can try and save other people the pain.

Don't go!!!