Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
More Information

Ways to Experience Across Country Quad Bikes
from US$123.80
More Info
All reviews great fun wet weather gear great trip terrain brendan rainforest activity guide bed heaps
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I have done pretty much all of the quad bike tours around NZ. I like to think this is perhaps the best value for money and with unbelievable views.

The tour is just about 2 hours, with a good 90ish minutes on the bike. Since 4 out of the 5 riders on my tour have never touched a quad before, so we had to go really slow and steady. But somehow going slow didn't mean it was boring, it just gave me more time to enjoy the breathtaking views that surrounded me. And the terrain was pretty challenging, with varying surfaces and wetness. The mud track at the last half of the tour was the most fun, try to stick close to the guys in front for maximum enjoyment ;-).

Wet weather gears are provided, they are good at keeping you dry. But then again, getting wet is half the fun.

The guide we had, Olivia, I apologise if I have gotten the name wrong. She was quite fun and very knowledgable with the history of Franz Josef. Her recitation of the Maori legend of the forming of the glacier was awesome. It's so obvious that she loves her job.

Overall, this isn't my number 1 quad tour in rankings of excitement. But it is definitely number 1 for the scenery.

Just one little suggestion, since the can-am has a trunk box option for the outlander max. I think it would be good if you have the trunk box installed on a few of the bikes for those people that really love taking photos with their larger cameras. I found that the photos I took with my iPhone 7 did not do the glacier any justice.

Date of experience: February 2017
Quad B, Front Office Manager at Across Country Quad Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for this fantastic review on us, seems like you really got what we are all about.

Most of our clients have never been on a quad before and therefore most of our trips are a slow steady pace, and even when we have a confident group we do have a speed limit. I am glad that not only did you get a good chance to look at our beautiful scenery but that you actually took the time to look, a lot of clients seem to just want to whizz past and not actually take the time to look.

The mud section you are talking about would have to be one of my favorite places, I hope you managed to get muddy in there!

Thank you for ranking us number one in scenery! We really appreciate that.

I will take your suggestions on and discuss it in my next staff meeting. The Franz Josef Glacier is absolutely stunning and it is a shame that we can't advise people to take there bigger cameras out.

Once again, thank you for this great review, you have really covered everything, its great!

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Had a fantastic time on the quads. The staff were super helpful and we went really fast! We were split into groups so I think everyone went a pace they were comfortable with (although the two girls at the back of our group did seem to get left behind). We had a really fun time, we stopped to get pictures along the way with the glacier in the background. Really beautiful! Lots of fun, would definitely recommend :)

Date of experience: February 2017
Quad B, Front Office Manager at Across Country Quad Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us this review!

We like splitting the groups especially when we have a difference in abilities. However occasionally we do come across groups that require three guides and sometimes we just don't have the staff to do so. In that case we usually place the quicker ones in the front behind that guide and the slower at the back, so that they can cruise along at their own pace without feeling like they are slowing others down. Occasionally a distance is created within the group but all clients remain in the guides proximity, as soon as the distance has become to big we will either stop and wait or loop back.

Sounds like you guys actually got to see the Glacier which is awesome! We have only seen it for the last two or three days, before that it was hidden for around a month.

Glad you guys had fun!

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Having never ridden a quad bike before I was rather apprehensive about doing this, but so glad I did. We were tested on the bikes before we were let loose on the surrounding area. The group split into 2 and I was with Jamie who was brilliant and very patient giving us all confidence. My arms ache today, but I think it was lack of technique

Hi there,

Thank you for this great review!

We are glad that you decided to do it as well! We love being able to introduce first timers to the wonderful world of Quad biking.

We like to split the groups into more confident and then the lesser confident more cautious groups which means we get to accommodate to almost all of our clients levels of abilities.

Hope your arms are starting to feel better,

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Amazing experience. You can ride on your own bike or 2 on a bike which we did. There was a slower group and faster which meant there was a pace for everyone. Sarah was really interesting and professional. You get full training before you go out and anyone not being safe gets their keys taken off them. Terrain was ridiculous, we loved going through the rainforest the best although if was a little scary. So glad we did this.

Date of experience: January 2017
Quad B, Public Relations Manager at Across Country Quad Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Hi there,

We really like to cater to all our clients abilities, and sometimes we do have diffident groups. But like you said, it means there is a pace for everyone so they can all enjoy the trip. Safety is our number priority so yes, when we do get the one naughty quad biker we do have to take a key occasionally! Sounds like you guys were on perfect behavior which is great!

James

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

My friend and I decided to do this Quad Bike tour. TBH we weren't really keen on it but once we stated putting the gear on & getting on these quad bikes, it was awesome!!! We had the best fun in years!! Highly recommend it to anyone and the staff were super friendly and were so helpful. If you're nervous like me they make you feel so comfortable & get you keen for the adventure! We will definitely do it again!! Thanks heaps mates you guys are legends!!

Date of experience: February 2017
Quad B, Front Office Manager at Across Country Quad Bikes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Hi there,

This might just be the best review we have ever received!

Thank you for giving us the chance to show you the wonderful world of Quad bikes in Franz Josef. Sounds like you had an absolute ball out there, this is why we love doing this particular job, for clients like yourself.

Thank you for coming and thank you for giving us this amazing review!

Hope to see you again one day.