“Beautiful ”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here last night with my partner and the food was beautiful I had the belly pork which was perfect and my partner had the chicken which was cooked beautifully. The host is lovely and professional.

Can’t wait for date night again !

My only negative comment I was a little cold at my table but was ok with my cardigan on and the food more than made up for it

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We came back to Beatson House because we enjoyed it so much the first time. 2 of us decided to pre order their legendary Barnsley Chop. Wow. An awesome meaty treat.
Had quite fantastic Whitby crab Arancinii ? For starter.
Great service , fantastic food and really good value for such quality. Can’t wait for our next visit.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Visited as part of large party for birthday meal on Sunday afternoon. Excellent, service and food. Food tasted and good as it looked when presented. Definitely worth another visit.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

This was our first visit to Beatson House since being taken over by the new owners and I have to say we were all very impressed. The services, friendlyness and professionalism of the staff were great and welcomed you in. The quality and presentation of food has not faulted and we could not pick fault with any meals any of our party had. The whole evening was great.
The only downside is it is a little too expensive to visit every week. It makes it a place where you can only afford to visit 1 a month (unless your well off), which is a shame as we would visit a lot more.
Other than that, I would well recommend a visit - And keep up the good work

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Our son has just moved to Barnsley and this was our first visit to his newly-adopted home town.

We had no idea where to eat so, as always, trawled the TA restaurant reviews and chose Beatson House...I'm very glad we did!

The staff were friendly, attentive and made us very welcome. Pre-prandial drinks were had in the bar area and then we moved through to the restaurant (quite a small area, but intimate rather than cramped).

We all chose the roe-on sea scallops and king prawns with chorizo in a smoky chilli chipotle salsa to start.

Mains were venison ossobucco, Whitby halibut and fillet steak, all accompanied with fresh vegetables and all tasty and well prepared.

The wines were fantastic - the white, a Casal Caeiro Rias Baixas Albarino was wonderful as was the claret - Chateau Montaiguillon Saint Emilion. Both weighed in at 25 quid a bottle and were great value; they made the meal for us!

One niggle - the cheese was very good quality indeed but the portions were a bit on the lean side...

We will definitely be coming back! Thanks, Beatson House...