US$132
US$94
US$139
1842 Inn(Macon)
US$189
All reviewsfire pitfull kitchenpapa johnsmercer universityparking lotmodern designking studioburner cooktopgreat hotelstayed herestove topnice outdoor poolnice accommodationslonger stayfootball stadiumfront desklarge bathroom
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

This place is great. The staff was so friendly. Papa John's was right next door was ablecro get something to eat late. Beds were very comfortable. Rooms were clean and very welcoming. I will definitely stay here again my next trip..

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Pros:
The hotel appears new and is in a great location to Mercer University, which is why my son and I were there. Easy walk across the street to the college. Everyone at the front desk is VERY friendly and helpful, especially Sonja who helped us several times on the phone and in person. The hotel has a modern vibe and is pretty on the inside. We had a King/Studio room, and the bed was just ok (we have a Tempur-pedic mattress at home, so not much compares), shower was amazing---huge, had a small kitchenette, loveseat, and we could control the digital thermostat on the wall---BONUS!! Breakfast has a little something for everyone on the bar. Very satisfied with the room and the staff.

Cons:
A dog barked next door from the time we arrived and ALL night! Had I realized the hotel allowed dogs, we would NOT have stayed here! I called the front desk and complained and they regretted that they could not move us because they were at capacity. They did call and speak to the owners of the dog, but, honestly, what is the hotel really going to do, throw them out because the dog won't stop barking??? Nope. So, the other guests are left to endure the problem. Not to mention on the morning of our departure when we went into the hall, it reeked of dog---in the hallway, in the breakfast area, and at the entrance. I have no desire to stay in a room where an animal has been (and no, we are not anti-animal---we have 3 cats & 1 dog, but I don't want to sleep with any of them either). It's unfortunate because my son will possibly attend Mercer, and we are Marriott Reward members, but our loyalty stops when dogs make our stay sleepless and smelly.

Room Tip: Beware---Dogs allowed!!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank queen15
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Stayed here recently on my trip thru Macon. I really like the concept they have come up with here. This hotel is very nice, it's clean and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
If you are coming thru Macon, I highly recommend this hotel. It's close to downtown and has some interesting restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Very nice place , Front desk staff, staff in Breakfast area and Housekeeping staff were all very customer-driven, customer-focused and customer-friendly. The housekeeping and Front desk staff bent over backwards to ensure that guests were comfortable.
There was also a very nice outdoor patio with a Fire pit and a Barbecue grill, where friends could congregate and socialize. This was a key element because my co-workers and I spent a few months there and this outdoor are was a great place for us to meet and unwind after a hectic day.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Hotel is located across the street from Mercer University, convenient for any events at the university. Hotel was very clean, new and staff was very friendly. Would definitely recommend to anyone needing a hotel near Mercer.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple