US$132
US$107
US$139
1842 Inn(Macon)
US$189
All reviewsfront deskshower roompocket doorseparate roomssitting areafourth floorsleeper sofanice hotelcomfortable bedindoor pooloatmealroad tripnice staystayed one nightwould definitely stay here againsausagestaff was friendly
Reviewed 7 March 2017

On Friday night, 03-03-2017, my wife and I, and another couple stayed at this hotel.
This was the second time we've stayed there, and would recommend it to anyone needing a hotel in the Macon, GA area.

The room was very clean and neat - the housekeeping folks do a great job!
It has a small "living room" with a microwave oven, small refrigerator, very nice desk, and a couch. As usual, the bed was very comfortable.

I found the facilities were also in very clean, neat, and working order.
The staff did an excellent job upon checkin and checkout.

A special recognition for one of the staff - Tammy, who handles the breakfast.
The food was well prepared, neat, and fresh.
The selection was very good.
We especially enjoyed the scrambled eggs and sausage links.
She was VERY diligent in keeping everything supplied, and also took time to ask the guests if all was well, or if we needed anything.
Tammy deserves recognition for her excellent job! It was much appreciated.

I'm lifetime Gold, so I've traveled a good bit, and stayed at many Marriott properties.
This facility is as nice or nicer than any we've stayed at. I find that SpringHill Suites is a very nice place, regardless of where we've stayed.

If you are in need of a hotel anywhere in the Macon, GA area, I highly recommend this facility. We plan to stay again as travel needs dictate.

God Bless!

Room Tip: Based on my experience, there is no bad room at a SpringHill Suite.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Tim C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear Ken B ,

Thank you for the wonderful review ! We truly appreciate it. We are glad to know that you had an excellent stay at our property. Tammy is a newest addition to our to our team and already has earned quite a reputation for customer service. We look forward to host you again in future.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

Very friendly helpful staff. Wonderful breakfast. Highly recommended. Ask for room facing away from highway as there is traffic noise. Easy off on though and resteraunt and any shopping you would want nearby.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy L
Tim C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear Tammy L ,

Thank you very much for the kind review.We appreciate it very much.We would be glad to host you again in future.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Suites were very nice. The bedroom had 2 queen size beds with wide screen TV, sitting area had wide screen TV, pull out bed, and kitchenette. Bathroom had tub with shower and commode, basin was in area outside of bathroom with the closet. Breakfast was the usual, they had link sausage and over cooked scrambled eggs, gravy, oatmeal, waffles, a selection of breads. Staff was nice.

Room Tip: This was a fairly new motel
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

We stayed here in an overnight trip stop. The rate was great $116. The room was very large. It had a king bed and a separate sitting area with a couch. Very quite. Very clean. There was a nice breakfast included. It was right off the interstate 75. Friendly staff. Good parking Nice big pool indoors. Workout room. Refrigerator in room Very nice stay

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Thank ms.go-go
Reviewed 17 February 2017

The first thing I want to say is you will be hard pressed to find a more courteous hotel staff, all around. I have stayed at this hotel enough to make platinum at Marriott for two years straight now (I basically lived here). I have noticed a lot of things, from my extensive time on-site, that most patrons would not.

The Good:
1. Extremely comfortable beds.
2. Always availability
3. Convenient to the nicest shopping/dining area (definitely safest) in all of Macon.
4. Extremely courteous staff
5. Breakfast is average

The Bad:
1. The maintenance at this hotel is absolutely terrible. I have heard they are changing out maintenance personnel, but I'll believe it when I see it. I have called about several issues in the past and none of them have ever so much as been addressed during my 4-5 night stay. I have encountered issues from sets of lights working intermittently (electrical...eek) to broken night stands to faulty shower heads. Again, none of which were fixed during my stay and some were still broken when I came back.
2. General hotel maintenance stinks. One of the computers in their business area didn't work for the longest time. Their coin laundry machines were broken for weeks! The cardio equipment has televisions affixed to them, but they don't work.
3. Some rooms smell gross. Some of them, not all, have a musky smell to them. I have actually known people (coworkers) to change hotels due to how bad some rooms smell. It just turns some people off so bad, they leave.
4. Room thermostats are controlled, in some rooms by the thermostat on the wall and other rooms by the thermostat on the in-room heating & air conditioning unit. I know this sounds trivial, but it just shows a general lack of maintenance and standardization in the hotel, in my opinion.

Take my review for what it's worth. If you are passing through for a night or two, you probably won't be disappointed. If you are planning to stay here for a week or so on a continual basis, you will probably end up switching to the Marriott City Center or other hotel after a while. With all the negative things I said, all are fixable. Even, with all that being said, this is still the second nicest Marriott in Macon, if that means anything.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side opposite of I-75.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank NotForSharing
Tim C, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2017

Dear NotForSharing ,

Thank you for sharing with us the detailed review. We are glad to know you stayed with us long enough to become a valued Platinum member. We appreciate your business very much. We are proud for the good points you mentioned about our hotel and would definitely work harder in future to improve upon the issues you mentioned.
Last but not least,if I may humbly mention, we get a some disappointed guests too from the other Marriott property you mentioned. Nonetheless , I would like to speak with you directly to make sure your future stays are perfect here !

Most sincerely,