Red Roof Inn & Suites Macon
US$139
Hampton.com
1842 Inn(Macon)
US$189
All reviewsmagnuson hotelfresh paintroom was cleanwafflesbiscuits and gravyhotel is locatedstaff was very friendlygreat pricedefinitely stay here againfront desk staffhot breakfastinterstatemicrowavelinens
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel the night before a medical procedure in Macon. Having gotten an exceedingly low price at an Expedia sale, I had low expectations, expecting more of a Super 8 type stay. This was not the case, which was a pleasant surprise. When we entered, we noticed "fresh paint" signs; everything was fresh looking and attractively decorated, with hardly any of the usual wear-and-tear signs of a tired old property one usually sees in this hotel class. Our room was spotless, and the bed was comfortable; my socks didn't get visibly dirty due to the clean hardwood floors. There were plenty of fluffy towels, and we had a total of 6 substantial, poofy pillows, which was great as I had forgotten the extra pillows I usually bring to make up for the lack of pillows in hotel rooms. Breakfast was also superior; the eggs were not the crumbly ones so many hotels have, and were accompanied by other hot items. I give them high marks for having fresh fruit; the bananas were at just the right degree of ripeness, having a hint of green with no brown spots. The attentive gentleman setting the breakfast up has an obvious sense of pride in the property. All in all, I would definitely stay here again. It also is conveniently located for access to the medical community; turn right out of the hotel, go a couple minutes down the road, and you're there!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2018

I travel all over the state of Ga. with my job and whenever I'm in the Macon area I always stay at the Magnuson Hotel on Riverside right off 75 South. The hotel staff is remarkable and the location of the property could not be more convenient. Recently the hotel has undergone a massive renovation of the entire property and I couldn't believe my eyes when I checked in the hotel during my recent trip. The rooms now have hardwood floors, refrig, microwave, large suite living room seating in the rooms, modern tables, lamps, etc. The lobby features a new look that is very impressive. The hotel provides a Hot breakfast complimentary every morning for 3 hours !! A place you must visit on your next trip around the Macon area !!

Room Tip: I always request a room on the 4th floor and it is very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Stayed here and the place was half empty, yet they still managed to put us in a room next to the lift where the noise was absolutely unbearable. In addition, the room had a bad smell and was directly under the neon lights of the hotel sign so even with the curtains closed the room was lit up like daytime. We went to reception to complain and the lady there said that lots of people complained about that room and didn't like it at all! Then why put us in there! Other than that, it was an average stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank august01
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

The room was adequate. The hotel, in general, was clean enough. I was a bit disappointed in the breakfast. Understocked. Biscuits were gone at 9:30 AM. I was told, “we stop making them at 9:30”, yet breakfast is supposed to be served until 10 AM. In addition, getting checked in and out was a slow process.

Some positives were the rate and close proximity to the interstate.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2017

My wife and I arrived at the location about 7 pm Mon. evening for a 3 night stay for a very important meeting I was to attend we were welcomed by JAMES who issued our keys we went up to a nice room that was a king and could hear some work being done, because my wife would be sleeping in throughout our stay we went and requested a room away from the work we were given a very nice recently renovated 2 queen room away from the work, Throughout our stay we were treated with respect and kindness JAMES was GREAT and the housekeeping staff were very nice. I had the pleasure to meet with the owner Neil. The breakfast that was available each morning was fantastic Fresh Fruit, Waffles, Breads, Milk, Coffee and Jucies. I LIKE when I go into somewhere that Welcomes me and wants my business. I attend this meeting each year and will make this my go to place. Very nice and getting better and you can't beat the price, $52.

Room Tip: i would get a room on the back side away from the interstate, we were on the 5th floor with no problems..
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Herb M
MagnusonMaconGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Macon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Hi Herb,
We are so excited to hear you had an outstanding stay. Here at the Magnuson, we want you to feel like family. We are working hard to create a hotel that our guests love to keep coming back too. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Melonie