All reviews typical courtyard courtyard marriott bistro food bistro staff front desk shuttle service on demand room was clean nice lobby early flight stayed one night rental car free shuttle convenient location next morning late at night business trip
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Ever take a shower that does not have constant temperature? Modern hotels do not have this problem. This hotel needs an update. I ave over 1000 nights in Marriotts and my bad experiences are rare, but I'll not be back to this one.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank calcarrera
MarkE3509, Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Hello Calcarrera,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the poor experience you encountered while visiting with us. We are saddened to hear that your stay was less than perfect and for that we apologize. We appreciate your valued feedback and for alerting us to the issue so that we can stop any further frustrations. We would love to peak further about your stay with us. Please contact us directly so that we can ensure proper closure.

We hope that you forgive us and allow us the opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 4 November 2018

This place is ok for a night or two. We ended up having to go here for the night when we missed our connection in SLC from Orlando. We thought we'd be going to the Hilton Garden Inn but they were booked for vouchers.
The shuttle from here always seemed to be in a hurry when they were picking people up, wouldn't wait a minute. Had to call them twice. Don't know where the front desk person was when we arrived but she was wearing a winter coat and jeans? But she was nice.
The room smelled and looked clean. The bed and pillows are pretty comfortable. The TV is in an odd spot for watching (room 335) from the bed. The shower was clean except for one big gross hair from someone else, directly on the wall in the middle of shower. (gag). The air conditioner was quite noisy too. Like a loud whirring when it was running.
Pool and gym area are small but looked clean.
The bistro is open at 6am on weekdays and 7am on weekends, which is a bummer for those catching an early flight.

Room tip: 3rd floor, away from elevator
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarkE3509, Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Hello CVandoloski,

Thank you so much for your valued feedback. We appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us and our media. We are sorry to hear that your time spent with us was short of perfect. Our staff works very hard to ensure that all guests are happy and taken care of but unfortunately with your stay, it seems we missed our mark. We hope that if you are ever in the area again and need a place to sleep that you will allow us the opportunity to make it up to you.

Please call us directly if there is anything further that you wish to speak about.

Reviewed 20 October 2018

Good solid clean hotel near airport and they offer a free shuttle to the airport which runs on demand and comes within 10-15 mins of requesting. Room big and had a nice view over a courtyard area and food reasonably priced ...... However....when I booked it stated on the booking site that my room had a balcony and it didn't. Apparently it is only the kingsize rooms that have these not those with two double beds. Also breakfast is supposed to be included but it's only up to 15 dollars per person and therefore if you want a hot breakfast option and a drink you end up paying more so this needs making clearer. i also had an issue when using the pool which the manager on duty Courtney did deal with and she also kindly sourced some tea bags for me as only coffee in bistro area and room.
Therefore overall a mixed experience, not the staff's fault as all very kind but hope they at least can make facilities clearer on booking sites and keep an eye on non resident guests.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
MarkE3509, Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Hello Helen,

Please accept our most sincere apology. Our staff works extremely hard to ensure all guests are happy and comfortable during their stay. Unfortunately with you, it seems we missed the mark and for that we truly are sorry. We greatly appreciate your feedback because without it, we wouldn't be able to better our hotel. We will look into getting the wording corrected on all sites so that this does not continue to happen in the future. Please feel free to contact us directly if you would like to discuss any of these matters further. We hope that you will find it in your heart to forgive us and give us a second chance if you are ever back in the area.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We just needed a bed for the night near the airport. This was a classy joint, much better than just a bed. Very convenient and in a clean & decent neighborhood. Even the continental breakfast had more than your standard fare of cereal, toast and waffles. Coffee was great. Friendly & helpful staff. Clean, quiet rooms. I have stayed in other hotels not nearly as nice for a much higher price so this is definitely budget friendly.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarkE3509, Manager at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Hi DMC_Indy,

Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback. Unfortunately, you might have us mixed up with someone else. We do not have a continental breakfast.We have our Bistro that serves Breakfast. Lunch and Dinner.

Please come see us if you are back in the area though.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Great location, near the airport with shuttle service, which was great. But there were a couple glitches. First, there was a spider in the bathroom. Generally not a big deal, but the next morning when I woke up, there was another spider crawling across my bed...not cool. Then, I got a Caesar salad at the Bistro, took it back to my room, and after a couple bites noticed dirt in lettuce as I was eating it. Evidently it hadn't been washed, because it was in several bites, at which point I couldn't finish over 1/2 the salad.Then finally, I was there with several other co-workers. We had arranged for a reduced rate for the 1 night in which everyone was there. I needed to be there 2 nights, and they wouldn't honor the same rate for the 2nd night. OK, I get that, but even though when I checked in I discussed this with the person who checked me in, when I went to my room the 2nd day after a long work day, my key didn't work. So I had to go back down and get it reactivated. Evidently the system didn't recognize my second night. Overall the hotel was fine, and the people were nice, but there are several other hotel options in that area. I may try a different one next time.

Room tip: My room was next to the highway, and it was not quiet. So if you don't like the sound of traffic, avoid those rooms.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MarkE3509, Sales at Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Hello,

Please accept our most sincere apology for your experience(s) while staying with us. Our team works very hard to make sure that all guests are satisfied and happy. Unfortunately with you, it seems we missed our mark and for that we apologize. We hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive us and allow us to make it up to you. Also, if there is anything that you wish to discuss further, please contact us directly at the hotel so that we can ensure some closure for you.