“This is our favorite restaurant!!!!!”

Five Alls Restaurant
Ranked #327 of 1,444 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since its inception in 1969, The Five Alls has been guided by this motto, and a large following of faithful patrons have appreciated a unique combination of excellent and plentiful food, charming and unpretentious service all couched in a rustic, medieval setting. Although many details have changed over time, and some innovative additions have been made to the menu, the heart and soul of this long tradition remain the same. By making all the meals 5-courses complete and never seeking to gouge customers on the price, The Five Alls has enjoyed a reputation for value as well as fine dining.
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

We're enjoying the sunset and amazing food at the Five Alls. Incredible value for the many items that are included with your food. Great service. The crab dip and breadsticks, chicken Kiev entree, meatballs, and broccoli soup are fantastic. Proposed to my wife here. We love this restaurant! Emily is a fantastic hostess! Bring friends and family here.

1  Thank David W

Reviewed 3 January 2016

I don't want to pick this restaurant apart, because it did have some nice things about it. I had been to this place at least 20 years ago and it was excellent. It's a very dark place that suits the time period. My salad was drenched in dressing and the vegetables were mushy and to much sauce on them, our waitress Sara was polite but not personal. Crab legs were good. Maybe it was just because it was New Year's Eve and very crowded but it just seemed a little "off to me", not sure if I would visit here again....

1  Thank Debbie W
Reviewed 26 November 2015

On Saturday, November 21, 2015, my wife and I went for dinner at the Five Alls. Our host showed us to the East room with the fireplace. That has room for about a half-dozen tables. We found out later that the others in the room were also celebrating anniversaries, except for one couple who were on their honeymoon.
The restaurant is more expensive than my wife and I usually go for, but they do make up for some of that with their food and the way they prepare it, including their decent portions. My wife had the Chicken Kiev and I had the New York Steak. Both were quite tasty. My steak was cooked the way I like it and the way I ordered it. My Brussels sprouts were cooked well, too. I’ve been to too many places in the past several years that warmed up the vegetables and called it cooked, but Five Alls actually cooked them and I was glad for that.
All in all, my wife and I thought all the food was prepared well, from the entrees to the salads to the bread. One exception was the honeydew melon slice we received. It was not ripe. Perhaps, the Five Alls could choose the fruit more in keeping with the season or at least learn how to pick ripe ones. This one thing did not spoil our dinner, though.
The Five Alls includes five courses for the price and bases the price for the meal on the entrée a person chooses, with certain selections costing a bit more, such as the special desserts or certain substitutions. The main thing for a diner to do is decide which entrée, which sides, and which selections to choose from those courses that include options.
Our waitress was quite attentive without being obtrusive. She obviously checked the notes on our reservation or she heard from another about those. I had left a comment through Open Table that it would be nice if they would acknowledge our anniversary celebration. Our waitress did just that. Without our saying anything about the reason for being there, she approached us later in our meal and suggested an extra she could throw in with our dessert for the occasion. That was a nice touch.
Because of their prices, I could not suggest the Five Alls to my friends or family. If someone asked me directly about the Five Alls, I would try to be objective about it and would try to match my response to the person and the purpose. Some are not as sensitive about costs as I am. Also, for a special occasion, I would not try to dissuade them from going to the Five Alls.
If you have no objection to paying their prices, for a special occasion, especially, you should also enjoy a dinner at the Five Alls. I know we did.

Tip 1: Check their menu before you go.
Tip 2: Reserve early.
Tip 3: If you use Google Earth to find the restaurant, just realize that the restaurant is actually a block South of the icon for it (as of this writing on November 26, 2015) and not in Foothill Village. Look for the bus stop icon just South of the 2300 South intersection for “Foothill Dr @ 1458 S, [bus route] 228.” That bus stop is directly in front of the Five Alls.

Cons:
1. Fruit selection
2. Parking spaces are quite limited. We had to park in the bank parking at the next building South on the other side of the carpet store. It’s not far to walk, so that part wasn’t too bad. Just be aware that you might have to hunt carefully for a space and might have to borrow a parking spot in a neighboring lot.

1  Thank Brightpool
Management response:Responded 12 December 2015

Firstly, thank you for choosing the Five Alls to celebrate such a wonderful, significant occasion. We absolutely love being part of making your anniversary one to remember. Secondly, we really appreciate the specific feedback regarding the honeydew. I realize that's our responsibility to make sure our fruit is ripe before serving, however, if one does end up getting passed us, please doesn’t hesitate to address your concern with your server. We're more than happy to replace anything that isn't up to par! Lastly, I understand your predicament with recommending the Five Alls to friends & family, due to the price range.

I've taken your feedback directly to management/owners and it has been duly noted. Hopefully in the near future, we'll be able to implement a more affordable, all-a-carte menu options that won't cause any hesitations when recommending the Five Alls.

Thanks again for taking the time to offer your feedback. We thrive on customer service and without your response; we wouldn't have the opportunity to become better. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 November 2015 via mobile

The food is absolutely amazing and the service is second to none. They have such a unique atmosphere that you feel like you're doing more than just going out to eat. Highly recommended! I had the stuffed pork chop!

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Old world charm welcomes you the moment you set foot into Five All's. Dark, Reds and woods seem to put you back in time of knights. Everybody is very friendly and competent. Me being from Europe, their menu and dishes easily rival some of the best restaurants from the "old world". I definitely recommend you to all my visitors from overseas.