“Good Buffet”

The Roof Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Roof Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 1,575 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State Street
Description: The Roof Restaurant is a fine dining gourmet buffet, priced at $42.00 per adult. We are open for dinner starting at 5:00 p.m. Monday- Saturday. The menu includes our renowned dessert buffet and exciting international cuisine along with traditional favorites that differ on a daily basis.
Reviewed 16 September 2018

The Roof restaurant has amazing views of the city and sunset. It offers a high end buffet which we enjoyed. The carving station was good as was the desserts.

Temple S, Manager at The Roof Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

We're so glad you enjoyed your experience. Thanks for such a great review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We were told by several people we had to try The Roof. At first was skeptical because it is a high price buffet. Well once you see the appetizer bar and the antipasto bar you can’t help but be impressed. Then you have six meats to choose from including prime rib, ribs, shrimp and chicken plus vegetables and when you think things couldn’t get any better you have the dessert bar and everything is made on site. Make sure you make reservations a month in advance.

Fonda, we are so pleased to hear about your experience! Thank you for taking the time to review - we look forward to having you again in the future!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I was hesitant to spend this amount of money on a meal but have heard good things about the restaurant and have always wanted to try it. I loved it! It was just my husband and I and it was very romantic. I enjoyed all the food that I tried and the service was above and beyond! The piano music was nice and the view spectacular! We did make reservations in advance which I would recommend and since we were spending that kind of money we wanted to go at sunset because we heard that is the best time for the view. It was worth it! There were a few people there with kids and a few people in casual clothes but for the most part people were dressed business casual or semi formal. I am not sure I would take my kids but that isn't because they weren't kid friendly it's mostly because my kids are hooligans and would ruin the atmosphere. ;-) Definitely a must experience at least once!

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! Thanks for recommending us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

I love The Roof, but recently discovered I have food allergies. On this visit, I was worried about being able to eat from buffet. The staff were great, and made special food for me - plain baked potato, green salad, steamed veggies, and fruit. No butter, dairy, or gluten. All delicious. Rest of family enjoyed awesome buffet. Great views.

We're so glad you enjoyed your experience with us! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2018

This was my first time eating here. My wife and I came here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Reservations are strongly encouraged as they tend to book up ahead of time, especially for weekend dinners. We were seated promptly for our Friday evening meal at our reservation time. The room is tiered so every seat in the restaurant has a great view out the floor to ceiling windows of temple square and the surrounding city scape. If you can time it to be here at sunset that is perfect. The view is spectacular.
The food is even better than the view. Everything is served buffet style. We enjoyed spectacular crab legs, cold shrimp, various antipasti and salad dishes. A carving station with prime rib, ham and incredibly tender brisket. Great side dishes. When you are ready for dessert they have a good selection of tasty treats. The bread pudding was the standout winner here.
The only food misstep for us was the French Onion soup. It was sweet. French Onion soup should not be sweet. It was inedible. But the clam chowder was excellent and redeemed their soup selections.
Other considerations: The space is very tight. So it can be hard to walk from your table to the buffet and back because if even one person is standing in the aisle you cannot pass them. The buffet space is also very cramped and there is confusion about how to go through the line as people are approaching from two different directions. So be kind and patient with everyone.
There was a live piano player throughout our meal. He was excellent and made the meal even more enjoyable.
We had a great anniversary meal and we would not hesitate to return another time.

We're so glad to hear you had a wonderful experience for your anniversary! Thanks for recommending us!