“Terrific food, better setting!”
Review of Log Haven

Log Haven
Reserve with OpenTable
Log Haven is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,575 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 3800 South
Description: Log Haven, long synonymous with wildflowers, waterfalls and fine canyon dining, is located in a historic log mansion in the Wasatch National Forest, minutes from downtown Salt Lake City. Consistently honored with the most national and local awards in the industry: Best Utah Restaurant, Best Salt Lake Restaurant, Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, and the coveted Hall of Fame Award. “This is the highest honor we can give a restaurant in Utah. It means that besides having great food, terrific ambiance and passionate people, something magical has happened to make this restaurant so consistently excellent on all fronts that it thrives as an inspiration to everyone in the business.” -Salt Lake Magazine
Reviewed 14 July 2018

The food here is terrific, but the mountain air and the setting make it over the top good. Don't miss this restaurant. Bring your own wine and have a great time. Restaurant offers free valet parking and pays your way down the canyon. Try it!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Beautiful, unique location. Delicious food. Excellent service. Well worth the drive. Save for a special occasion

Reviewed 10 July 2018

One of the most beautiful locations settled in Mill Creek Canyon, UT.

The restaurant is wonderful. The wedding I went to at this location was one of the most beautiful occasions I've been able to attend.

I would recommend place for both a night out. And an event.
The summer time is a special time for this location.

1  Thank Elaine K
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

We take a large group of here every fall and it is fantastic. The staff is so accommodating and the venue is spectacular. Valet parking is easy and the waterfall across the street makes for memorable photos. They even have a bar area where our group can congregate and chat before the table is ready.

Reviewed 2 July 2018 via mobile

The drive to the restaurant is through a mountain canyon. Well worth the drive. Beautiful restaurant inside and out. Found out during my table wait that they have an in house pastry chef so get the dessert. We ordered the bison and Elk steaks. Both were perfect. It's very hard to find a restaurant that sells elk. We had the clams and Spanish sausage for an appetizer. Best I ever had. There's a large wine menu which can be pricey. We stuck with the Moscow mules which were on point. One thing I did notice, some reviews stated they served duck, crab, and steak and lobster which wasn't on the menu. Maybe seasonal? I will be going back to try some other entrees. You will spend some money to eat here but the prices weren't unreasonable. There are weddings going on here constantly from what I was told and there was one when I was there. It didn't affect the table wait but I think it probably slowed up the time the food came out. It was about a 50 min wait. This didn't bother me as I enjoyed some drinks and appetizer. One last thing, get the jalepeno Mac and cheese. You will thank me.