“Food was so-so”

Ranked #34 of 1,422 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Salt Lake's original brew pub since 1989, serving award-winning fresh brewed beers and an eclectic menu filled with pub favorites like fish and chips, bacon wrapped meat loaf and our famous veggie burger. Serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch. Private event space for groups from 30- 400.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was okay - much less desirable than I expected. Service was also lacking. I think they must have been short staffed.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (2,029)

Reviewed 23 April 2021

My wife and I are from Barbados and visited the area in 2018 to watch the motocross event. I chose this restaurant online because they serve craft beer. I was not disappointed. Great beer and my wife said it was the the best ever place to eat. The building has a very nice feel to it. Service was fantastic. We will return.

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 17 April 2021

Only giving 2 stars because the food was great. Our server, Argyle, was the rudest waiter I have ever had. One of the people in our party had food allergies and was removing items from the sandwich and argyle responded to the modifications by saying "Okay.. you are making me write a G**D*** book", when the sandwich arrived at the table it was totally wrong. Then a drink was spilled and another waiter came by and said we were "THAT table". Hated that we experienced customer service like this because the food and beer was incredible.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank BaylsRobinson
Reviewed 18 February 2021 via mobile

We stopped into squatters on a Sunday morning for breakfast. They had a good variety of items on their menu and we’re all fairly reasonably priced. My husband ordered an omelette which was full of veggies and meat and he got to pick the type of bread for his toast. I had the Cuervos tostadas and they were delicious! Two crispy corn tortillas covered with refried beans hashbrowns salsa and scrambled egg and cheese. Unfortunately my coffee was very strong and when I got halfway through I noticed the whole bottom of my cup was filled with grinds- I couldn’t even finish it. The waiter never came by to offer me a refill or check on us till he brought us the bill and at that point we were ready to leave. I love my morning coffee so it was a disappointment was such a good meal.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank eatsleeptour
Reviewed 4 February 2021

This is one of my “go-to, must-do” locations whenever I am in Salt Lake City for a ski trip. The ambiance is awesome, the menu is excellent and their beer is amazing..and cheap! My waiter was very friendly and accomodating. I will definitely be back on a future visit.

Date of visit: February 2021