“A favorite spot for elegant but casual dining”

Thai Siam Restaurant
Ranked #293 of 1,432 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

There are 2 locations. One is downtown SLC and the other is in Draper. I have had many wonderful meals with friends at the Draper restaurant. Seating is intimate. The setting is serene. Food is presented on the plate beautifully and tastes as good as it looks. I am not a Thai food expert, but everything always is beautifully served (whether you like your food hot or not) - just look at the photos - and a great gift to friends and family. I haven't had this luscious a meal in a long time and always look forward to returning again and again. Late afternoons are quieter if you don't want to be around a big crowd. And I am told the downtown SLC restaurant is even more delightful although I can hardly see how that is possible. This is one meal you will never forget'

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit. I normally resort to Pad Thai, but decided to try something a little different. The salmon curry was pricey, but worth every penny. The sauce was excellent and the piece of salmon was very generous and perfectly cooked. Nice wine and beer selection and outstanding service. I will certainly return.

Reviewed 23 November 2016

Whenever I'm in Salt Lake, I stop by and enjoy some chicken satay, coconut milk soup, pad thai, yellow curry or pad se-IW. It's all great. Tuesday they offer $2 pad thai. Awesome! Downtown location is my preference vs Draper.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

I enjoy their Panang Curry, Laab and Garlic Chicken Basil. Some things actually take me to Thailand in my mind when I taste them!

Reviewed 12 May 2016

I think this place has Americanized its dishes to what it believes are local tastes. It's a mistake. Tom Khar Kai soup is overly sweet without the citrus notes of kefir lime or lemongrass, and with button mushrooms as opposed to straw or oyster mushrooms. Green and yellow curries were on the bland side. A drunken chicken stir fry also had too much sugar and an absence of fish sauce. It went untouched by a table of four. I brought it home and on a reheat added some fish sauce, pickled serrano chili and chopped mint and it was much better. I would suggest requesting some fish sauce and sriracha at least on the side at this place. Service was friendly and efficient.

1  Thank UtahMarty