“Not as good as it used to be...”

Thai Siam Restaurant
Ranked #276 of 1,434 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We have been going to this restaurant for years, through many different changes and through it all they have kept their service excellent through all but one visit. I find that very impressive. Their prices have gone from cheap eats to more mid-range while their quality has varied through the years but over the last year or so, it seems to have gone mostly downhill and the food tastes like they have added a LOT more sugar/sweetener. The pad thai, has always been a little on the sweet side, but now even their red & green curry tastes really sweet, to the point where I almost feel like I'm eating dessert-soup with misplaced chicken and veggies, instead of a green curry dinner dish. I won't be going back here for a while, unless something changes. Don't get me wrong their food doesn't taste bad, it's just not excellent anymore, and while I appreciate some sweetness to a curry this was over the top and it seems like it's been getting sweeter and sweeter, every time we've been over the last 18 months. This applies to all of their food from their pad thai's, to their stir-frys, and their curries. And whereas their prices now are closer to, if not the same as Sawadee, I would reccomend a visit to Sawadee instead, even though their service isn't as excellent as Thai Siam, their food is a lot better.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

This was a delightful find, and though it's on a main street in SLC, there's not much around it. Had I not been led here, it would not have been on my radar. It's casual but nice inside with a lot of seating. There's an extensive menu, though I only experienced one of the curry dishes and one of the stir fry dishes. I loved the stir fry. It was so flavorful!! It had lots of fresh vegetables and a generous portion of chicken (though one can order tofu, shrimp, or other meat). The curry dish was nice but very soupy. I saw people around me eating Pad Thai (a very generous portion). There was a wine & beer list and a dessert menu, but we were too full. People seem to order take out here, as well.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

We've eaten at several Thai restaurants in Salt Lake City, including the highly rated ones, and were delighted to discover Thai Siam. It's just a step above all the others.

Parking a bit quirky, use the small lot on the north side of the restaurant. Seating, hard wood chairs. Take a cushion if you need one. It was beginning to get noisy when we left at 7:15, so keep that in mind.

BUT, the food and the service were just wonderful. Server Jon Ray couldn't have done a better job. And the food, well, yumm again. We had two different soups and two different entrees and they were all super. The servings are large, so we'd probably split a "cup" of soup and an entrée in the future. Spice levels were just as we requested.

If you love good Thai, this is the place.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I dream about their Tom Kha Gai soup!! It is so delicious and has an amazing flavor. I've never had a bad experience or meal here and I've been coming to this restaurant for about 7 years now. I'm also a big fan of their Thai Ice Tea.

Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge Thai fan, but my husband digs it so I've eaten and made my fair share of it. I had the yellow curry and it was so tasty! Service was great, but they didn't offer me brown rice so I gave it 4 out of 5. I will definitely go back, and recommend it to my picky friends.