“best food i had in salt lake city”
Review of LA Frontera Cafe

LA Frontera Cafe
Ranked #998 of 1,444 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Cuisines: Mexican, South American
Reviewed 9 May 2015

it was really nice and clean ...short staff slow bringing my food and drinks.. but the price is right the staff is really nice..

Reviewed 22 April 2015

We made this a lunch stop during the course of a busy day. The service was okay. Not great but not bad. The food was delivered fairly promptly after ordering. The presentation was very good. Taste and quantity was great. It is a place that I would go to again. Not sure about any of the other dishes but all that we ordered was very good and fairly priced. It was a great lunch stop since we were in the area. Not sure that I would drive far just to eat there but since we were close. It was a good place but did not stand out as a great place to eat. The atmosphere was typical strip mall restaurant. Not good or bad. Yes I would eat there again if I make the same trip again.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have always loved this location. It's kind of a dive, but the food was worth it. Just after getting our meal, my daughter had to use the restroom. When she went to wash her hands there was NO water. No hot. No cold. Nothing. I ventured into the men's room to see if we could wash there. Same thing. No water. It also looked and smelled as if someone had urinated on the South wall in the men's room. The 4 of us there for lunch asked for a to go box, but threw the food away when we got home. I feel that if the water is off for employees and guests after using the restroom, the management should close for a few hours and get the problem fixed. We just returned from a fishing town in Mexico. It cost 5 pesos to use the restroom, but at least you could wash your hands. Very sad that the building looks more run down/dirty every time we go. I've gone for 15-20 years. Unfortunately, I think that was my last trip to the 700 West 1400 South location.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Get everything smothered. It is the best thing about this place. Also the salsa and cheese enchiladas are very good. 10/10, would dine again

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was getting my oil changed near-by and decided to give La Frontera a try as I'd never been before. After waiting a while to be seated I sat down, and was given the menu. I was brought out some chips and salsa. The salsa was below average, not freshly made, and definitely not the flavorful delight that normally accompanies a traditional south of the border meal!

I decided to order the small combination plate. It was actually a very good portion and included a burrito, tostada, taco, and enchilada. The food came out quickly and was steaming hot. I tried the burrito first....the refried beans inside were obviously from a can. The pork was tender and flavorful.

Next I dug into the enchilada...the sauce again was obviously not home made and there was too much cheese for my liking. The tostada and taco shared the same ground beef, which had a over powering taste of chili powder.

The service itself was not very good, as well as the location seemed very dirty. I typically love this genre of food and don't even mind if a place isn't clean as long as the food makes up for it!

Overall I wouldn't recommend this place. I'd go as far as to recommend Taco Bell as a substantially better alternative....the only bright side was the large portions and low prices. Go somewhere else. I promise you aren't missing anything.

23  Thank Ammon C